Stone IPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewcrazy

Reaction score
I've wanted to brew a Stone IPA clone for a long time, but have had a hard time nailing down the right recipie.. I collected little bits and pieces from all the threads on this forum and yesterday I brewed the following,

11 Gallon Batch
24# 2 row
2# Chrystal 20
1# Carapils

3oz Magnum Leaf 75 minutes
2.5oz Anthinum Plugs 30 minutes
1.5oz Anthinum Plugs 5 minutes
1oz Cascade Pellets at knock out

77 IBU's
6.7 SRM
7% ABV (I hope)

Pre Boil Gravity 1.060
Post Boil Gravity 1.070

I'm still new to this, only 9 brews under my belt, so if anyone has any comments on how to make it better, or if you think I'm missing something let me know...

This baby is fermenting away like crazy and even if it doesn't taste like a stone, I think it will be good... Besides, I never met a homebrew I didn't like...:drunk:

Thanks,
Frank

12/2008 BYO has recipes for most of their stuff. I think they're straight from the gargoyles mouth.

+1 on the BYO. There were several Stone recipes in that issue with extract, partial and AG versions. If you can't find the recipe online, it would be worth buying the back issue.

BYO's Ruination clone is

14.6 lbs 2row
1lb crystal (15 L)
90 min boil
36 AAU Magnum at 60 (2.25 of 16%)
15.7 AAU Centennial at flame out/steep for 5 mins (1.5 oz of 10.5%)
21 AAU Centennial dry hopped. (2 ox of 10.5%)

WLP001 or WYEAST 1056.

I'm drinking my version of if right now, which def has the 100+ IBU's. Their regular IPA isn't in the issue I have, but looks like you got the IBU's correct. The hop varities on their website are Columbus, Chinook and Centennial

4 years later, replying to this thread with the official clone recipes from Stone. They have an extract and an all grain recipe for Stone IPA at: http://www.stonebrew.com/news/081201/

See page 44. Also added the page as an attachment here in case the website disappears.

pg9.jpg

Back