Stolen 1/2 inch fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithww

Reaction score
Is there anything beer can't do? I have a leak somewhere in the walls on my house, and in hunting it down I have been pulling cabinets in the bathroom and cutting access holes in the walls. The brain surgeon of a plumber sweated the valves on under my wife's sink so I had to use a torch to pull the valves so I could pull the cabinets. I used a spare 1/2 male adapter fitting and a shut off valve to replace the cold water side, but I didn't a second adapter to close off the hot water side so I could apply pressure to try to find the leak. Then I remembered that I had one on the pre-chiller I had just made but haven't even used yet, so out to the garage to steal the fitting to install the shutoff.
So the pipes are shut off and I still haven't found the leak, but I know several more places that it isn't. Now I just need to find it, fix it, get the bathroom put back together and brew my second batch.

I think he's reminiscing about how he used a spare 1/2" fitting from his brewing stuff that he hadn't used yet to fix his home plumbing problem. It's allowing him to brew again.

Latest posts

Back