Stir Plate X 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grupe

Reaction score
We got tired of stirring yeast all week for a four batch brew day so this is what we came up with. We used the wiring instructions found here: http://stirstarters.com/instructions.html

Still have some clean up to do, but I am going to wait until I get a chance to use it. Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Building the box. Had to make it fairly tall to fit the switches
1.jpg

Mounting the switches
2.jpg

Mounting board for the fans
3.jpg

All the fans in place and the magnets glued into place
4.jpg

Wiring under the hood.
5.jpg

Ready to get her a test run
6.jpg

That ought to do it! :D

I'll be surprised if you don't find you need to add some support towards the middle of the plexiglass once you fill those flasks...

Cheers!

That ought to do it! :D

I'll be surprised if you don't find you need to add some support towards the middle of the plexiglass once you fill those flasks...

Cheers!

I was planning on running some screws into the plate that the fans are attached to and adjusting them so the plexi doesn't flex.

4-batch brew day! Wowzers! Was this part of a club brew?

When we built our Kal clone, we built it as a back to back system like the one he sells. We did built ours before he announced the design, but of course wouldn't have been able to do it without his plans. We can run 4 X 15 gallon batches in about 10 hours if all goes well.

I was planning on running some screws into the plate that the fans are attached to and adjusting them so the plexi doesn't flex.

or a simple block of wood the same height as the "sides" glued in the center (or several spots as needed).

:rockin:

Back