sticky faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat_Bastard

Reaction score
the faucets on my tower keep getting stuck if they aren't used for a couple days.
Am I the only one who has that happen? any way to keep it from happening short pouring a few beers each day?

the faucets on my tower keep getting stuck if they aren't used for a couple days.
Am I the only one who has that happen? any way to keep it from happening short pouring a few beers each day?

Nope it happens to me too, It's real pain. I've been TOLD by the local homebrew shop that it's normal, but forward sealing facets would solve the problem. something like this.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/faucets/faucets/575ss_perl_faucet.shtml

keep in mind I don't have personal experience with them, yet

It happens. I only have this problem if I don't use a tap often. Perlicks are suppose to fix this inconvenience. If you have the cash to buy Perlicks then do and report back results. If you don't have the extra cash to buy those things, just clean your tap in between kegs or when it sticks. If you have the time clean them more often. Taps only take about 10 minutes to disassemble, clean, sanitize and put back together. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. Nothing personal.

I use Perlick 575SS faucets which I have had for about a year and they are great. Sometimes (well...rarely) I go days without pulling a beer and they open easily every time. I have heard that the creamer function on these faucets is not entirely necessary and can be more trouble than it's worth as the tiny holes can get clogged easily but I never use it anyway. I do clean my system each time I swap out a keg, but I have only disassembled the faucets once. Recently though I have noticed that one faucet is stiffer than the other which didn't used to be the case.

Buy the perlicks, you won't regret it. Until then, it helps to keep a spray bottle full of water or starsan and a rag handy. Just spray out the inside of the faucet spout after each use to help prevent sticking.

Love my Perlick. Sometimes it goes 2 weeks without use and not a gram of sticking on that first pull. Got mine for under 30 at NB w/ their 10% off summer deal.

I used to have this problem. Now I grease all the moving parts with a thin film of keg lube after I clean them. Haven't had a faucet stick since.

Back