Sticking tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramf96

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Hello, just signed up and new post. I'll apologize in advance and I'm sure my first questions have been asked already but here goes. I have a Danby keg cooler (Model DKC052BSL2DB). I have a keg of Stella and a keg of Blue Moon. I love beer but don't drink it every day. That being said, the keg handles stick so badly after just a few days that they won't even budge. I must have soaked them 3 times already and each time after they work as new....for the next few days.
1. Are there aftermarket handles that suck less??
2. Is there anything I can do to prevent/delay this issue with either new or current tap handles?

Please help!!! : )
I want to get to my beer!!
Thx guys

A forward sealing faucet is what you need. The cheap base faucets that come with those units stick shut quite easily.
I'm a Perlick fan personally but just a forward sealing faucet should fix your problem.

Thx Schatzke. Any recommendations? Are they all pretty standard sized for home kegerators?

"Size" is all the same. You can go with all stainless steel or chrome plated brass - that's more of a budget/personal preference issue.
I love my perlick 630SS but they aren't the only ones available. Ventmatic makes a forward sealing faucet and though I have no personal experience with them I think they are quite similar in terms of function. Intertap is another brand that I don't know much about but seems that they put out a good product still.

The basic faucets are crap and stick bad,
Do yourself a favor and buy a Perlick flow control tap. It will be the best thing you can do for kegging.

Thank you so much. I know I'm not speaking the language yet, so thanks for bearing with me. I'm not terribly concerned about cost as long as I don't have to disassemble the faucets so often. I'll check it out tonight.
Cheers

Not a problem. fyi, faucets made to US standards are almost always interchangeable with just a faucet wrench...

261543.png

Cheers!

... Intertap is another brand that I don't know much about but seems that they put out a good product still.
+1 ^^^ this. Williams Brewing sells Intertap faucets in both Stainless and plated. Either one will "fix" your sticky faucet issue (provided you clean them between kegs.) I use the stainless version, and I'm very happy with them. Ed
:mug:

Back