Steel Reserve 211 clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evermuse

Reaction score
For real... This crap is something I've had more than I care to admit here. Yet the truth is, if I can make a 211 clone, IMHO I should be about to do it at nearly 5 bones a gallon. There must be a metric ass ton of table sugar and who knows what other cheap crap.

Anyone ever seen a 211 clone recipe? Care to make one up? :tank:

I've had my share of the stuff as well.....you MAY walk away at $5 a gallon....if you're just using lots of base malt....but no matter what you do...you'll get more flavor than the original. It'll probably end up like Ed's Haus Pale Ale on 'Roids....

I still get the 40oz craving every so often.

Let's see
1/2 lb crystal 10
12lbs table sugar
1 packet turbo yeast

............ Yeah nevermind. Throw some **** in the bucket, with 12lbs of sugar and watch it go. GO YEAST GO!!!!!!!

Don't forget to pour one out for your hommies!

Headache every time I've tried it-like three times. No flavor except alcohol.

First one had chunks....clone something that is halfway decent in original form.

haha the only beer I have thrown up from while not even being intoxicated. You get those spits you get just before throwing up just from drinking it. where your mouth gets all watery. And it actually tastes like steel! heres my clone recipe:

2 pounds of 2row
2 pounds of rice
15 pounds of sugar
? turbo yeast
1 lb of steel shavings
water directly from the L.A. river

ferment for a week and bottle in a 40oz. instead of priming sugar use water sterilization tablets for backpacking (you know the ones with the iodine in them). age for 32 hours and sell them to your buddies for a buck. :D

Don't forget to vomit in the bucket as the fermentation starts to slow. I'm pretty sure there's a hint of vomit flavor is in Steel Reserve...oh, wait, maybe that's just me starting to dry heave as soon as the can touches my lips.

I totally get that people hate this beer. But i tend to enjoy it for some reason. I each their own

Has anyone cloned this??

Or do I need to be the one to develop it?

P.s. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. My mommy taught me that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

P.s. If you don't have anything nice to say about 211 don't say it at all. My mommy taught me that.

cricket-on-grass.jpg

Back