STC-1000 wiring two outlets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burauzaa

Reaction score
I just put together a nice little keezer build. I currently have it running through the STC-1000 box that I built for heating my carboy in the winter.
This is working well so I have purchased another STC-1000 to make a box to use permanently in the keezer.
I also want to add a fan that comes on when the keezer is running to circulate some air around. Is it possible to wire both outlets to switch to the cold side of the STC? I would just be using a small fan probably attached to a >1amp usb adapter so not much more current would be drawn.
How would I wire that?

In a keezer, you really want the fan running constantly, not just with the compressor.
But if you're determined to go that route, just stick an outlet multiplier in the cold side of the duplex outlet and plug both the freezer and your fan power supply into that...

Cheers!

Hmm, OK.

So if I did want the fan running all the time could I wire it to have one outlet remain on and the other switched?

I don't want to have extra things hanging out the back of the box.

Hmm, OK.

So if I did want the fan running all the time could I wire it to have one outlet remain on and the other switched?

I don't want to have extra things hanging out the back of the box.
Sure, just wire the fan directly to the #1 & #2 posts, or wire one of the outlets directly to the power input as indicated (make sure the jumper tab is removed.) Then it will have power anytime the STC/ITC-1000 is plugged in. Ed
:mug:

temp-controller-wiring-diagram-mod.jpg

Last edited:
If you used a duplex outlet and aren't actually using the Heat function you could disconnect the Heat wire and use the AC hot input wire instead...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back