STC-1000+ v1.07 with 2 probes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsandhops

Reaction score
For those of you using the STC-1000+ with firmware v1.07 and two temp probes, how are you using the second probe?

My understanding is with the right settings, the 2nd probe can be used to limit temp overshoot. My question is what are you using for hy, hy2, delay timers and how do you have it in the chamber (ambient, in water, sand, container?)

I just fermented my first batch in my new chamber :D and couldn't find a setting that kept the temp range any closer than just using the one probe during peak fermentation; quite the opposite actually... I was shooting for 64, primarily cooling, .5* hy, 10 min cooling delay, various heating delays (settled on 0), had probe 1 taped to the carboy with reflectix insulating it, and had probe 2 hanging ambient. Using a Haier BC112G wine fridge and a fermwrap heater, but not wrapped around the carboy. The smallest range I was able to manage was about 62-64 with a 63.5* SP and .5 hy.

Love to hear what people are using for settings! :mug:

Thanks day_trippr, I posted over there too, but that thread is geared more towards building and flashing the controllers, and I was hoping to find some real world experience on fine tuning the settings for the second probe.

Back