STC-1000 troubleshoot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewski_please

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I ordered an stc-1000 for our fermenting chamber. Theres no voltage coming out to turn on a heating or cooling system. The wiring diagram shows 110vac input... on heat and cooling it says 10amps/220vac output. We ran 110 in to the power supply, and the unit turned on. We can set temperatures and hear it click when the heating and cooling light turns on, but no power output for heating or cooling. Any thoughts?

Just this. You are feeding in 110 to feed the controller, not to feed the heater and cooler. This unit doesn't supply electricity to these. It is only a SWITCH. The heat and cool terminals are switches for the hot leads only. You still need to provide a neutral to your controlled device.

Thanks!!! I was kinda worried for a minute there, was a real quick fix. I guess thats why im not an electrician. Too many homebrews haha

Latest posts

Back