StarSan makes great drain opener

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatmoose

Reaction score
So I'm looking to bottle my second batch tonight and start washing and rinsing some stuff in my utility sink in the basement. It's draining incredibly sloooowwwwww and backing up. Probably a result of washing the mud and grass off my shoes from the other weekends paintball adventure. This sucks, the utility sink is the focal point of my bottling operation and I really don't want to try and do this upstairs as my hobby is on a delicate balance with SWMBO. I look for some drain opener and come up empty, crap. I see my StarSan on the shelf next to the sink and think yeah, strong acid, this just might do it. So I dump a couple of ounces into the bit of standing water in the sink and go get my priming sugar syrup made up. I come down 15 minutes later and the drain is flowing like new. Awesome!!! :rockin:

Now this might be about the most expensive drain opener out there but it allowed my bottling operation to complete tonight. Can't wait to try out this double IPA!

Back