Star Trek or Star Wars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But what powers would he get? the power to see through women's clothes?;)

To smell and be fat.

But no really, Piccard was the superior officer. He used wit and intellect instead of raw sexual magnetism to expand the federation.

Piccard is a tour de force, But even he pales next to Bill Adama.

Adama was an unparalelled commander despite drinking, uncontrollable emotional outbursts, a failing ship, and a relentlessly hounding and far superior enemy.

SO SAY WE ALL!!

No Battlestar spoilers please. I got up to the "All along the watchtower" episode.

By the way, I think I'm THE person on the planet who liked Chief's first wife.

Kirk<Picard<Sisko<John Crichton<Malcolm Reynolds<William adama<Flash Gordon(The original)<Stimpson J Cat<Duck Dodgers<My Mom

Amazon Goldbox today features Blu-Ray sets of the complete TOS, and Next Generation seasons 1-3. Thought at least one nerd would like to know.

Amazon Goldbox today features Blu-Ray sets of the complete TOS, and Next Generation seasons 1-3. Thought at least one nerd would like to know.

Awesome to say the least! I have, alas, gone completely data. I will never own physical movie or music again.

(game is the one exception)

"I SAY!!! Over HERE!!"

ForumRunner_20130617_130100.png

My wife just watched the first JJ Abrams star trek and loved it. Me; "Honey, you should watch TNG with me, it's just as good!" It has begun, MWAHAHAHAHAHA

This thing still going??

The answer is Star Wars!

Of course it is!!!

However, The Star Trek movies are getting better, and DISNEY has joined *****ey in making the next Star Wars movie an almost GUARANTEED vomit fest. Swings up on one side and DOWN on the other can have an amazing effect.

Cheezy does have a point there. I am also more for the original Star Wars trilogy and the newer Trek is picking up the slack and countering the obligatory trademark Disney slapstick.

So in summation I am going to go with Frank Herberts Dune.

My wife just watched the first JJ Abrams star trek and loved it. Me; "Honey, you should watch TNG with me, it's just as good!" It has begun, MWAHAHAHAHAHA

She won't though... ask me how I know.

I'm going to have to boldly state that I expect DISNEY to actually improve upon the last few Star Wars movies. I just can't believe that with all of the outcry about how lame they have gotten, that Disney won't HAVE to take that into consideration!

Note to Disney: Watch "Empire Strikes Back".

There ya go.

I've only seen movies 1, 4, 5, and 6. The first movie was so lame, even considering I didnt outright despise Jar Jar like so many others, that I didnt bother watching 2 or 3. I figured I'd have other opportunities to get my Natalie Portman fix.

I've only seen movies 1, 4, 5, and 6. The first movie was so lame, even considering I didnt outright despise Jar Jar like so many others, that I didnt bother watching 2 or 3. I figured I'd have other opportunities to get my Natalie Portman fix.

Jarjar was a symptom, not a cause. Despite Liam and Ewan, the 3 new movies are cartoonishly silly, and in no way connect to episode 4-6.

Jarjar was a symptom, not a cause. Despite Liam and Ewan, the 3 new movies are cartoonishly silly, and in no way connect to episode 4-6.

Yeah. And if that is the level of Disney they went already (pre Disney) with Lucas' help, I really do not want to know where it goes from here. True, I will probably watch them anyway, but will go into it with low expectations. Unfortunately movies like Star Wars are now more about what effects they can generate and less about making a truly quality flick.

Trek actually had visuals, a story arc, and characters that you can understand.

I'm going to have to boldly state that I expect DISNEY to actually improve upon the last few Star Wars movies. I just can't believe that with all of the outcry about how lame they have gotten, that Disney won't HAVE to take that into consideration!

Note to Disney: Watch "Empire Strikes Back".

There ya go.

Watch the Pirates franchise before you get all enthusiastic about Disney. They made an investment and will milk the profits. They don't particularly care if the product is good enough so long as it makes them money. Not that Lucas was or is any different.

About 10 years ago I would have voted Star Wars, but at this point I'm pulling for Star Trek. I enjoy the first 3 Star Wars movies (theatrical releases), but over all I really enjoy the original series, TNG and I've been digging Enterprise.

I love them both. But I'm rockin a rebel alliance tattoo so Star Wars all the way. Wow , I 'm a dork.

Star Wars all the way this isn't even close Star Trek is terrible. I am talking about the original Star Trek I haven't seen the newer stuff because the old is just so terrible it

About 10 years ago I would have voted Star Wars, but at this point I'm pulling for Star Trek. I enjoy the first 3 Star Wars movies (theatrical releases), but over all I really enjoy the original series, TNG and I've been digging Enterprise.

Enterprise was my favorite of the series. I can't stand how they ended the series.

Back