Star San love

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with loving the foam! I grew up helping my dad brew, and he used bleach for everything. It was a revelation when I discovered the alternative

Cant beat star san!...Love it too!
has never failed me once. not a single bug(infection) in my beers since I started using it...Let the Love be known!

just bought my first bottle today. need to make sure that the keg system is really clean.
I've read great things. Can't wait to try it out!!

I had been using some sort of one step cleanser. I burned through a package of it very quickly, and at $5 for 8 oz is comparatively quite expensive. I wasn't sure if I could reuse it, maybe I could have but just didn't. That and I had to either wait for things to air dry.

I bought 8oz of star san for $8 after reading a thread about "I wish I knew when I first started...", being able to just mix up a gallon and re-use it is nice, and not having to wait for things to air dry is amazing. Mixed up a little gallon batch so that I could rack my single gallon batches to secondary and made some soda, and just siphoned the stuff back into the jug when I was done. I won't be buying sanitizer again for a looooong time, which means more $$ to give Austin Home Brew Supply for other stuff :D

Yea, the stuff works. I make a 5 gallon batch and move it from carboy, to my equipment bin, to my other carboy. I'll keep it through consecutive batches. I can't say I love the foam though. It makes some things more difficult.

Back