Standard to Tri-Clamp conversion - blichmann conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwalesmith

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience converting a conical with standard fittings to the new Tri-clamp ones? My local beer shop says it can't be done but I can't find anything on the net saying yah or nah.

Thanks!

All I can say is there is never such a thing as impossible, and even then the imposible just takes a little longer, When it comes to fittings one can conect any thing to any thing, the only problem is that you might sit with foot of connections.

If you are trying to convert threaded to triclamp fittings it can be done but you are completely negating the sanitary benefits of the triclamps. I you are just looking to have quick disconnects, look into putting camlocks on what you already have.

For great costs, you could cut out your current fittings and have triclamp fittings welded in but you need to make sure you have a sanitary weld or you could cause yourself more problems than it's worth. Is this what you were thinking or the first option?

Back