Standard price for CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VermVerm

Reaction score
I was wondering what is the normal price for a refill? Any suggestions on where to go. And yes it was a leak... bah humbug

none that I know of. CO2 is such a generic thing, a national chain wouldn't make enough money on it to benefit from doing it.

welding shop here charged me about $13 for a 5# fill.
liquor stores that sell kegs often can do it.
fire extinguisher shops too.

I have a small soda distributor a half a mile down the street from my house. He charges me 5 bucks to fill my 5# tank. Also sells me cornies at $16 a piece which is great when you factor in no shipping. Kelly

I just paid $12 to get my new 10# tank filled. Just about the same price as getting my 5# filled :ban: I figure in two or three refills, I'll have covered the extra cost in going with a 10# instead of a 5# tank. Now I can serve beer at two pressures or serve beer in two locations. I'm building a custom beer cart with 4 taps to use for back yard parties in the summer. At next weekend's pig roast I'll have 3 or mine and one guest beer on tap in the cart, and still have the 3 regulars in the basement bar. :ban: :ban:

pjj2ba said:
I just paid $12 to get my new 10# tank filled. Just about the same price as getting my 5# filled :ban: I figure in two or three refills, I'll have covered the extra cost in going with a 10# instead of a 5# tank. Now I can serve beer at two pressures or serve beer in two locations. I'm building a custom beer cart with 4 taps to use for back yard parties in the summer. At next weekend's pig roast I'll have 3 or mine and one guest beer on tap in the cart, and still have the 3 regulars in the basement bar. :ban: :ban:

Pictures would be nice!

Also, I finally found someone to fill my tanks here in Indy. It was an industrial welding gas company. They charged me $19 for 10#'s. Kinda steep but I don't care cause the BEER MUST FLOW ON!
Verm

I'll post pictures when it is finished!! I've only got 7 days left to get it finished before the big party. The 2" sytrofoam has been installled. In doing this it dawned on me, that with a little more carefull planning I might be able to use it as a fermentation chiller when It isn't set up for a party. I just have to make sure I can rig it up such that I can put a carboy in it, not just cornies.

Latest posts

Back