Stalled fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Shephard

The Crafty Ale Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I just joined HBT .
I am int he middle of brewing a “Northern brewer’ Block party Ale . It has been 4 days into fermentation and although I can see a ring of scum/froth around the top of the brew I haven’t once seen the airlock bubble . I was wondering if the fermentation may have stalled. Any help much appreciated.

likely you have a bad seal with your bucket, not stalled fermentation. I'd try and seal it up again and see if you get bubbling. I get this sometimes with my big mouth bubbler fermenters.

likely you have a bad seal with your bucket, not stalled fermentation. I'd try and seal it up again and see if you get bubbling. I get this sometimes with my big mouth bubbler fermenters.

Thank you. I was wondering if it might be that.
You guys on this forum are so helpful.

I have my brew in the shed
At what temperature would my brew stop fermentation?

Thanks again Lee

Muntons Ale Yeast. Ideal fermentation temperature is between 64° - 70°F

I'm not familiar with that yeast in particular, but temperature control is pretty important to keeping yeast happy and healthy.

With a cold ambient I've used an inkbird and fermwrap to maintain temperature.

Thank you
Yes I think your right. There are too many fluctuations in temperature leaving the brew out in the shed. I think I’ll have to invest in a thermwrap to keep the temperature constant.

Back