Stainless conical fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckelly999

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking about treating myself to a stainless conical fermenter and I'd like to know if anyone has any recommendations; I already have a pretty decent homebrew setup (10 gallon fully fitted brew kettle, all grain setup, grain storage bins, 2-line keggerator draft system, temp controlled freezer in the garage) so I'm pretty well set on a new fermenter at this stage.

I typically brew 5-gallon batches for my keggerator, but every now and then I do a 10-gallon batch of something basic (Pils or English ales) to keep one in reserve, and I always like to have a German Hefeweisen on hand (which is a 7-gallon batch with my bottle supply). I'm therefore guessing I should be looking in the 14-15 gallon range for a fermenter.

What are your favorites? Any I should avoid? If money was not a factor, which one would you get?

Thanks for all responses.

-CK

As a conical owner, I'd look for the one with the least amount of parts (less to clean) and triclamp fittings. I think my next conical will be a brewershardware conical.

How do you manage the boil for a 10 gal batch w/ a 10 gal BK?
Are you doing back to back 5 gal batches?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back