Stad Is Going To Portland!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STAD

Reaction score
Okay so after hearing all you guys have had to say in the other thread, I have decided to call my buddy in Portland. He has to make sure he has the capacity to house my friend (Mitch, nice guy) and I. It would be cool to know that if he doesn't work out, there are some other hospitable HBT'ers in the area that might let me sleep in their driveway and bathe on the front lawn with a hose.

I need help planning so suggestions are always welcome.

Here's the Itinerary in progress:

4-12-09: 8:00PM
Leave Hollister, CA and go.... (insert cool suggestion here, Oakland? Death?;))
4-13-09: 10AM
Leave (unknown location and depending on where that is, stop at some Brewpubs on our way to Oregon)
4-13-09: Sometime later
Arrive in Grants Pass (any HBTers live there?!)
4-14-09: 10AM
Leave Grants pass and head to Portland, stoping at (suggest brewpubs here!)

The rest gets hazy, but I will be updating accordingly. I must be in Hollister, CA again Friday by 4:00PM.

HELP ME OUT GUYS! Any changes you would make?

Also, a friend from High School has a sorority in Davis, CA so we MIGHT just be stopping there on the way back. Probably well worth it.

Two things... first of all, just south of Grant's Pass on exit 86 is a joint called "Heaven on Earth" and they have the best freaking breakfasts I've ever had... and 2lb cinnamon rolls too. Second, from the little I remember of my days in Davis, those sorority houses rock! Some seriously hot chicks! Might have to pic through some bad ones though... :D

Don't plan, just go. You've pulled together a destination quickly, now have fun. Most of the fun is in the not knowing.

(wow, that's heavy).

Don't plan, just go. You've pulled together a destination quickly, now have fun. Most of the fun is in the not knowing.

(wow, that's heavy).

Well we also encouraged him to do this so he can hook up with some nice hbt'ers on the trip...you know like you and I did?

(I just hope he doesn't nearly die after like I did.);)

Well we also encouraged him to do this so he can hook up with some nice hbt'ers on the trip...you know like you and I did?

(I just hope he doesn't nearly die after like I did.);)
Can you rephrase that hook up part? It's entering territory I'd rather not tread.:p

(Hey, don't blame me for your almost dying.)

Hey now, what Revvy and Shecky do on their own time is their business.

I would simply like to meet up and drink homebrews, and not the kind they drank ;)

Two things... first of all, just south of Grant's Pass on exit 86 is a joint called "Heaven on Earth" and they have the best freaking breakfasts I've ever had... and 2lb cinnamon rolls too. Second, from the little I remember of my days in Davis, those sorority houses rock! Some seriously hot chicks! Might have to pic through some bad ones though... :D

The sorority sounds more like Heaven on Earth to me.. Haha, I will check that place out though. I'm a breakfast freak.

Yea stop by for some roofiecoladas and my experimental batch of rohypnol rauchbier. It'll be fun.

You should check out the Oregon Vortex. I always wanted to check it out but never got around to it.

You should check out the Oregon Vortex. I always wanted to check it out but never got around to it.

Haha, we have a place exactly like that in Santa Cruz, CA called The Mystery Spot. I went not too long ago. It's not worth an out of state trip.. Haha.

Ok so there is
Caldera Brewing in Ashland
Block 15 Brewery in Corvallis
Calapooia Brewing in Albany
Nothing in Salem unfortunately unless of course you want to go to a McMennamens
Then you have Goldenvalley Brewpub in McMinnville
And then there is the holy grail they call beervana Portland
Lucky Lab
Lompoc
Hop Works
Alameda
Deschutes
Rogue
You know what there are so many you should just look it up.

I'm not too familiar with the Oregon. I think my friend lives in Beaverton, I will be going to Portland, and possibly Eugene. I know Portland has damn near everything.

If you go to Eugene Stop a the Bier Stein they have quite the tap selection and a huge bottle shop. By the way all of the places I listed are mostly within the I5 corridor.

Okay so there are MORE than enough places to go to in Oregon for beer and stuff. But let's not forget that I am a 21 year old, newly single guy. Don't get me wrong, good beer comes first, but does anyone know where I would have a good chance of running into any ladies within the age range of 20-26? They can drink PBR for all I care..

Eugene and Corvallis are big college towns, so you may have luck stopping in somewhere there. Like farmbrewernw said, block 15 in Corvallis is pretty dank. Portland has everything and just about everyone.

I come from a small hick town. Are college towns dead during the week or will there still be a nightlife? I understand spring break is over..

Hmm good call. Thursday-Saturday there is decent activity, bar-wise and what not. Other than that it's not going to be too crazy.

Haha, I will be there Monday through Thursday... Fark my life..

I thought you where just going on a road trip for the heck of it? Now it sounds like it's about the ladies, that girl at the bunny ranch look hawt so that would be my first choice in you situation.

I thought you where just going on a road trip for the heck of it? Now it sounds like it's about the ladies, that girl at the bunny ranch look hawt so that would be my first choice in you situation.

Heck...look at what Biermuncher wrote...I didn't know he had a side bidness, if you get my drift...200 bucks...and guaranteed?

LOL

Hell! Now that I have a wingman, it changes things. Haha. I'm checking the weather right now. I also found this link:

Barfly's Guide to Happy Hours

Bar of the Gods sounds cool. I'm a fan of the dives sometimes.

There are a lot of dives between there and here so you shouldn't have any problem with that, still you should take advantage of all of the brew pubs there are some keepers of the lady persuasion to be found, hell my first really date with my wife was at a brewpub.

Heck...look at what Biermuncher wrote...I didn't know he had a side bidness, if you get my drift...200 bucks...and guaranteed?

LOL

Well it's not exactly $200 because you have to rent the bike too, but hey it would still be fun (well if I was single that is :eek:)

There are a lot of dives between there and here so you shouldn't have any problem with that, still you should take advantage of all of the brew pubs there are some keepers of the lady persuasion to be found, hell my first really date with my wife was at a brewpub.
well if I could meet a girl who liked to read, drink good beer, was an atheist, and was asian or latina in a brewpub, I'd be the happiest man on earth!

Well that'd be about 20% of any girl population of a typical brewpub (except the asian or hispanic part, damn Portland is whitey!) so you're in luck there. I've been to brewpubs any day of the week and I've never seen one dead, they've always been busy.

+1 on the Horsebrass. It's the best British pub you can find! Hopworks and Green Dragon are also highly recommended. Here's a huge list of other drinking places to hit whilst in town.

Well that'd be about 20% of any girl population of a typical brewpub (except the asian or hispanic part, damn Portland is whitey!)
Heard about this misfortune.. Damn.. Oh well.
so you're in luck there. I've been to brewpubs any day of the week and I've never seen one dead, they've always been busy.
Glad to hear, my buddy (who is total BMC drinker) actually wants to go to Widmer and some other places, so that'll be good.

Come on man your being a bit picky, I've always said if their good looking who cares what race they are. You'll find a lot of atheists in Oregon, we are a low churched state.

Come on man your being a bit picky, I've always said if their good looking who cares what race they are. You'll find a lot of atheists in Oregon, we are a low churched state.

I understand that I was being picky, I was drunk last night when I posted that, so I was being a little overt. I am having some major anxiety about this whole thing. I feel like I'm leaving the country or something. This is definitely going to be a completely foreign experience for me. Probably something that's needed.

I should also add that it doesn't matter what religion, race, shape, size, etc. (well shape and size might be a factor) these women are. Who the hell am I to be picky? I look like a lumberjack verizon wireless guy with a beard for farks sake. Just add the black glasses that are missing from the pic. Good god.. :(

l

I am trying to be open to anything on this trip, that's part of my experience. Not that I am usually close minded, but I am fairly stubborn and set in my way (i.e. got too comfortable). Humans are creatures of habit, and I guess I need to break some old ones. You guys are a lot cheaper than a shrink, haha. Also, I don't need a prescription for the medication you guys offer!

ladies within the age range of 20-26? They can drink PBR for all I care..

WTH is wrong with the youth of today? Have some standards man. :rockin:

If you are brave enough to go to Washington Walking Man Brewing - Craft brewery in Stevenson WA - Beer list

Another drive worth taking is out the Gorge to Full Sail
Full Sail Brewing Company | Home Page | Handcrafted Ales and Lagers in Hood River, OR

If you just want to grab some brews and kick it somewhere
Belmont Station Portland's Premier Beer Store & Biercafé
John's Market Kegs, Bottled Beer and Wine in Multnomah Village

Open to anything on this trip, eh? Well, Portland does have a large gay and lesbian population....

Kidding, totally kidding!! Widmer is an excellent stop. Be sure to hit the brewery tour, you get a neato shaker glass at the end of it!

Back