SS Technologies Thermometer Probe Battery Size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wimartin

Reaction score
SS Technologies in their infinite wisdom failed to send instructions or batteries with their probe (I carefully looked throughout the packaging for the batteries). Does anyone know what size they are, I cannot find anything online.

I don't have an answer for you but if you are talking about ssbrewtech.com that's the first I've heard about non existent customer support, quite a few posts in another thread say otherwise. I would imagine you have already tried emailing here [email protected] maybe things have changed :shrug:

Personally I would utilize that thermowell port for a Johnson/ or ranco controller which will not only tell you the temperature of your beer but will also regulate it. That is of course assuming you have a ferm chamber (you really should)

And if I have the wrong company in mind I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to help out :mug:

Turns out they were having trouble with their email service and why they hadn't returned any of my emails.

So in response to the missing batteries and my racking arm for the chronical fermenter being plugged with sandpaper (they found a problem with the manufacturer of that piece and have addressed it) they refunded my probe purchase and sent me a t-shirt (didn't ask them to).

Awesome customer service that went above and beyond, couldn't be more satisfied. Looking forward to getting the Half-Barrel next. :mug:

Battery size:

Alkaline Lr44 Ag13 357 Button Cell Batteries

Back