SS liner for Igloo Cooler retrofit interest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the unit price was reasonable in the $75-100 range, would people on this forum be interested

• Total voters

Zmanwithdog

Reaction score
Like everyone else that started all grain with a 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler, mine has thermal stress cracks... I started to think about upgrading to a SS version and checked prices like everyone else and SS versions of insulated containers are pricey to say the least.

I started to think about having a liner hydroformed as a drop in replacement... aka, gut out the plastic one and drop in a SS one... most likely due to the tooling, QTY=1 may be cost prohibitive BUT a few would knock the unit price down... I have a request out to a company that does hydroformjng as such...

If the unit price was reasonable in the $75-100 range, would people on this forum be interested or am I the only one?

From what I can tell, there is a need for something like this in perhaps a few gallon sizes...

Just looking for the basic feedback...

Back