SS Chronical leg extensions for standard 7 gallon chronical not that secure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
I installed a set of leg extensions on the 7 gallon chronical from brewtech this weekend and the legs are rickety as all hell. I tried adjusting the sleeve but the thing doesn't feel very stable. Anyone else have issues with this? Or a solution which will make the legs more stable?

I am not using the bottle plate but I do have the casters installed.

Going to shoot SS a note to see what they come back with.

I'm interested in what they say. I just put my first batch in one yesterday. Am thinking about the legs to make transferring to a keg easier. Perhaps the shelf that goes on the bottom would add more stability.

yeah that is why I plunked down the coin for the legs and it makes the CIP easier (I used for the first time last night and highly recommended btw the unit was sparkling on the inside after 30 min. of PBW heated up then a warm water rinse for 20 minutes. I just sprayed down the inside with star san and put away!

as expected they asked if I put the boots on (rubber inserts) and then recommended the shelf to really make it rigid.

G

I ordered the legs and the shelf for a 7 gal fermenter. No casters. I have the rubber sleeves on, but the legs just slide right off. No hardware included for the shelf either. Pretty disappointed right now. Seems like I'll have to put some shims in the legs to make them work, and then off to Home Depot for some bolts for the shelf.

What do others do in the same boat?

Back