SRM off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msppilot

Reaction score
I am going to brew a Alaska Smoked Porter clone and my SRM is not even coming close to what it should be. The recipe says I should have a SRM of 58 and beer smith is telling me I will be around 32.8. Now I am fairly new to beer smith so I figure I have something enter in wrong. The recipe is:
8.25lbs 2-row pale malt
4.0lbs Munich
12oz Crystal malt
7oz black patent
.9oz Chinook at 60 minutes
.75 Willamette at 15 minutes
Wyeast 1968

I see the tool in beer smith to adjust SRM but I am following the recipe as close as possible. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Are you using the same colors of crystal, munich, and black patent in beersmith as in the recipe? Also, are the volumes the same in both?

Are you using the same colors of crystal, munich, and black patent in beersmith as in the recipe? Also, are the volumes the same in both?

I am not sure if it is the same colors or not. The recipe does not go into any further detail so I just found some in beer smith that I thought were close.

Back