Spring Clip Installation for Sanke Spear?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WissahickonBrew

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good resource for how to easily re-install the spring clip that holds the valve in place of sanke keg?

Thanks in advance!

I saw that post. I also read about the necessity of compressing the valve and the construction of DIY compression tools and more. I've got a feeling it's not so easy...

Hoping for other members input / experiences.

I saw that post. I also read about the necessity of compressing the valve and the construction of DIY compression tools and more. I've got a feeling it's not so easy...

Hoping for other members input / experiences.

It really is that simple....

Once you align the clip end with the notch in the spear, it is just a matter of gradually tightening down on the clip along the diameter of the sanke adapter.

The ring works it's way in - gradually wedges it's way in compressing the oring on the spear & locking everything in place.

Wrap some electrical tape around the end of the channel locks so you don't mar up the stainless sanke coupling on the keg.

it will take you longer to connect a jig than it will for you to place the locking ring back in as I described above.

Peice of cake..

Several people in that thread endorse the method...

Latest posts

Back