• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted 1/2 bbl or 1bbl Sanke Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a source to buy or rent used Sanke kegs in the Midwest. I don’t want to buy new. They are ridiculously expensive. Let me know if you know of anyone. Thanks!

I got my half barrel Sankes from the scrap pile of a local brewery a friend worked at. They couldn't stop these kegs from leaking and so were designated as scrap. My friend asked if he could take 4 barrels for a home brewer friend he knew, me. They were happy to donate these to a home brewer. Apparently it wasn’t worth their time to try to rebuild them. From what I have been able to find out, the scrap value of a half barrel keg is about $6. Now I have 3 keggles and a half barrel Sanke fermenter. You might want to ask around and put the word out. Free is better than buying or renting, last I checked.

I got my half barrel Sankes from the scrap pile of a local brewery a friend worked at. They couldn't stop these kegs from leaking and so were designated as scrap. My friend asked if he could take 4 barrels for a home brewer friend he knew, me. They were happy to donate these to a home brewer. Apparently it wasn’t worth their time to try to rebuild them. From what I have been able to find out, the scrap value of a half barrel keg is about $6. Now I have 3 keggles and a half barrel Sanke fermenter. You might want to ask around and put the word out. Free is better than buying or renting, last I checked.
Ha, I would tend to agree, free is better! Thanks for that info. I'll see what I can find.

Back