Spot the Space Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be exciting. 33 methane-fueled Raptor engines.

Important to note that this is the rocket that will carry humans to the moon in 2025. Americans have not stepped on the moon since Gene Cernan did so in 1972. I was 7 yrs old at the time - no I do not remember the event.

Also important to note that, at this date, it's the vehicle that will take men to mars. Lot's to say about that, but not germane.

excited! (I get up with the sun, no alarm needed!)

By the way, I don't see where I signed up for notifications, but this site below will tell you when everything is happening. Pretty nice. The notifications just pop up, I don't have to go looking. There must be a "sign up for notifications" link somewhere.

https://www.spacelaunchschedule.com/

No doubt they'll learn a lot because there was a lot that went wrong. Looking at the launch replay it sure seems like things went pear shaped around 90 seconds from ignition. Engine exhaust plumes indicated off-axis flight and then the spin started. And on the way up it sure looked like there were engines coming and going...

Cheers!

No doubt they'll learn a lot because there was a lot that went wrong. Looking at the launch replay it sure seems like things went pear shaped around 90 seconds from ignition. Engine exhaust plumes indicated off-axis flight and then the spin started. And on the way up it sure looked like there were engines coming and going...

Cheers!

I read that Elon said some of the engines didn't fire. More information will come out as time passes and everything is looked in detail. Still very incredible considering it wasn't that long ago when SN15 had it's successful launch and landing.

I take back what I said about destroying the launch pad.

70147377-12004897-image-a-30_1682275291298.jpg

and from over a mile away

Look at the crap hitting the ocean!

I think a clearance from the Enviromental agency is going to be even tougher to get than one from the FAA. Well, overall it was still really impressive launch even though there were lots of issues. I hope this isn't the last of Starship.

Now, for something completely different...

The "Hakuto-R Mission 1" will attempt a moon landing today at 12:40 EDT. Youtube channels will be covering the event but I have no idea which to recommend. Just search for "Hakuto-R Mission 1" :)

https://www.wired.com/story/ispace-moon-lander/
Cheers!

[edit] This site is up and looks legit

Last edited:
SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch is in its final countdown...

[edit] Aaaand looking like another scrub....

[edit2] Maybe not. They restarted the count at T-15M and the clock is running...

[edit3] Ok, I'm totally confused by youtube tonight. The link says "Live" but now I'm pretty sure it's a replay of yesterday's aborted launch. My bad...

Last edited:
SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch is in its final countdown...

[edit] Aaaand looking like another scrub....

[edit2] Maybe not. They restarted the count at T-15M and the clock is running...

[edit3] Ok, I'm totally confused by youtube tonight. The link says "Live" but now I'm pretty sure it's a replay of yesterday's aborted launch. My bad...

That youtube feed is not genuine SpaceX
It's a fake Elon press conference telling me to follow a link to buy crypto currency which they will double for me.

Real feed live here in 21 hours

I got my fingerprint in there. I hope that's a good thing. Well full disclosure nothing I do would create a large explosion. Just herding electrons in space.

IMG_20230430_194242.jpg

I got my fingerprint in there. I hope that's a good thing. Well full disclosure nothing I do would create a large explosion. Just herding electrons in space.

View attachment 818945
What a sight to behold, how cool!

I never tire watching the SpaceX launches. Been to several Falcon 9's and one Falcon Heavy. I really wanted to see the Starship launch in person but watching it on the big screen was far better and no people to contend with.

Latest posts

Back