• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Spike system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jready

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Spike 3 vessel system 20 gallon system for sale. Turnkey system with table pumps upgraded panel so you can do hack to back batches. Also includes spike steam condenser lid with everything needed and a counter flow chiller. $3000 local pickup only. (Nashville). Moving to a new house and will need to downsize. pics to follow

image.jpg

Wish you were closer tp San Diego! Exactly what I've been wanting!

Hello. I don't know what your timeline is for moving, but I am interested in this, but I am not making any large purchases like this until after the election. I'm looking at a mid November to early December purchase. I am in Central Ohio and have no problem driving to Nashville to pick up. Thoughts?

Timeline could work if it was by mid November. I guess I would just be concerned holding it if you decided not to move forward. Doing my assessment of what I can take I also have three Speidel fermenters (2-30l 1-60l) that I could throw in if you wanted to move sooner.

I could consider that would just need to figure out logistics of getting a truck. Maybe Indianapolis?
Also, this is the NPT version, not the tri-clamp correct? Does it have all the stock features like dip tubes, whirlpool, false bottom etc

Yes it is NPT. I bought it probably 3 months before they introduced the tri clamp. Frankly, for moving the hoses around during the brew day I find this easier. I will include all the hoses with the push on fittings (blanking on the official name). I probably changed out the hoses 3 or 4 months ago and have always don’t that at least once every year.

It is a great system I have really loved it and wish I could hold on to it but will need to downsize for my new space. Here are some pics from when I first set it up . I have roughly brewed somewhere around 25-30 batches on it. The CFC is not the one Spike sells that came from MoreBeer. Everything works very well. As mentioned above it is the upgraded panel so you can boil and heat the HLT at the same time. Happy to answer any other questions. I have only posted it here so far but was going to have my wife put it on FB as I don’t do social media other than this site and linkedin

Attachments

• 055402D8-B4E3-4583-A523-29BC22B6A7AC.jpeg
    055402D8-B4E3-4583-A523-29BC22B6A7AC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • 3730A9CE-11F3-4F55-A9C0-F1032919CD71.jpeg
    3730A9CE-11F3-4F55-A9C0-F1032919CD71.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
  • FFAA6294-0FFF-4B57-A7AB-B220721CC29D.jpeg
    FFAA6294-0FFF-4B57-A7AB-B220721CC29D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
Correct, my electrician was a little concerned that there wouldn’t be enough power in my outbuilding to run the system and the AC/Heat unit and my glycol chiller all at the same time. When he installed it he said I might have to turn off the AC durning the boil. This has never been a problem and I run the HLT durning the boil even if I am not double batching so that I have hot water for cleaning.

Back