Spike or anvil kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing1976

Reaction score
I’m looking at new kettle which one is good. Im doing BIAB 5 gallons. I’m thinking of going with a 20 gallon just in cause I change my mind

I really like the Spike kettle. FWIW - I had a 15G kettle thinking I could do an occasional 10G batch but never did and felt the 15 was a little too big for 5G batches.

It’s harder to maintain the mash temp, was a pain to store, etc. for me, at least, 10G is the perfect size.

Not enough info to make an informed recommendation. Electric or flame? What is the max ABV you'd want to be able to do at 5 gallons and at 10 gallons? These are important factors.

Are you going for the name or just looking for a good pot?

I have a 20 gallon stainless Concord pot as do many here. Been running it for at least 5 years and it still looks like new...It'll last forever. I think its like $100 on EBay new....way less than the ones your listed I'm sure

Heres a link....700 sold for $97 for a 80 QT (20 gallon) Cant beat it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CONCORD-Po...hash=item20fd189049:m:mtYUd2_nVrPUbPevtVpFT6w

I just saw they have a tri ply bottom for using flame for $125

Just giving an option you may not have been aware of

Last edited:
Not enough info to make an informed recommendation. Electric or flame? What is the max ABV you'd want to be able to do at 5 gallons and at 10 gallons? These are important factors.
I’m doing for 5 gallon batch’s on gas burn. I’m going to be doing different abv too.

Back