Spike Flex + with sight glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aric6785

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on how they use the Spike Flex + with the sight glass accessory? Do you attach it before or after the butterfly valve? Or maybe to the sample port? This is what I’ve done so far. Or do you use it for Dry Hopping also? Not much out there about this that I could find. Attach pics if possible.
IMG_4908.jpg
IMG_4909.jpg

I've got a Flex+ and can't imagine adding anything other then the butterfly valve, due to all of the extra weight that would add.

Can anyone shed some light on how they use the Spike Flex + with the sight glass accessory? Do you attach it before or after the butterfly valve? Or maybe to the sample port? This is what I’ve done so far. Or do you use it for Dry Hopping also? Not much out there about this that I could find. Attach pics if possible.
View attachment 661014View attachment 661013
I would put it after the valve myself. I don't have one myself but ive been considering buying one so I can stop transferring wort from my boil kettle into the fermentor as soon as I pulling sediment. You could also use it when racking to kegs to adjust the racking arm and avoid picking up sediment. I can't really think of any other uses with the flex. Some attach them to the dump valve on the unitanks but I've never really understood what purpose that served. Cheers

I've got a Flex+ and can't imagine adding anything other then the butterfly valve, due to all of the extra weight that would add.

Yeah, she tips over when she’s empty, so it’s detached unless I’m using it. I did my first pressure transfer yesterday and it was pretty cool!!

I e-mailed Spike and they recommended placing the sight glass before the butterfly valve. But it’s pretty front heavy with all that stuff attached to it. I ordered the plate stabilizer to see if that will help widen the legs and make it more stable. With Wort in it, it’s fine but empty, it’s gonna tip over.

I e-mailed Spike and they recommended placing the sight glass before the butterfly valve. But it’s pretty front heavy with all that stuff attached to it. I ordered the plate stabilizer to see if that will help widen the legs and make it more stable. With Wort in it, it’s fine but empty, it’s gonna tip over.
I'm not really sure what the point would be of leaving it attached to the racking arm? Cheers

Back