Spike Flex Plus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWood

Reaction score
Hey Folks-

Looking hard at purchasing one of these. I use a chest freezer to control fermentation temps. I know a lot of these were sold during the 25% off sale a month of so ago. Are you owners picking up full vessels and placing them in your fermentation fridge? I read about the warning on the handles. Does it seem like a real concern? It's a no go if I can't control fermentation temps with my current set up. Thanks for any information you can offer.

CW

I have a regular Flex. Works great in my freezer, and I do pick it up full and put it in, just not by the handles. It's pretty easy to do grabbing one leg and then the ridge at the top.

Hey Folks-

Looking hard at purchasing one of these. I use a chest freezer to control fermentation temps. I know a lot of these were sold during the 25% off sale a month of so ago. Are you owners picking up full vessels and placing them in your fermentation fridge? I read about the warning on the handles. Does it seem like a real concern? It's a no go if I can't control fermentation temps with my current set up. Thanks for any information you can offer.

CW

The warning is for your personal safety and not due to structural integrity.

https://spikebrewing.freshdesk.com/...handles-say-do-not-lift-when-full-what-gives-

Back