Sparge Water Heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorback_Jack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So there are needs, and then there are wants. To that end, I just discovered the Grainfather sparge water heater! Anyone have one of these luxurious items? I’m curious how even the heat could possibly be from bottom to top. I was looking for a cheaper model in another brand, but I might just save up and bite the Grainfather price tag.

Just concerned about even heating.
Thanks for the advice!
Jackson

Was considering getting one but ended up getting a digiboil cuz i can control the temps better for sparge needs and the power it can use to heat the water, 1500 if needed.

Was considering getting one but ended up getting a digiboil cuz i can control the temps better for sparge needs and the power it can use to heat the water, 1500 if needed.
I hadn’t considered another mash/boil type of kettle, but it’s even cheaper than the Grainfather heater by $30 or so. Good call! I did end up getting the Grainfather. Haven’t used yet, but I see the markings are in Celsius and liters. No problem, I can convert volume quickly enough. The temp setting will not change from use to use anyway.

For those with the Grainfather Sparge Water heater, check out my video on converting to a ball valve and transitioning to imperial markings using the existing sight glass!

Back