Quantcast

Sparge Water Heater

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Razorback_Jack

Reaction score
So there are needs, and then there are wants. To that end, I just discovered the Grainfather sparge water heater! Anyone have one of these luxurious items? I’m curious how even the heat could possibly be from bottom to top. I was looking for a cheaper model in another brand, but I might just save up and bite the Grainfather price tag.

Just concerned about even heating.
Thanks for the advice!
Jackson

deuc224

Reaction score
Was considering getting one but ended up getting a digiboil cuz i can control the temps better for sparge needs and the power it can use to heat the water, 1500 if needed.

OP
R

Razorback_Jack

Reaction score
Was considering getting one but ended up getting a digiboil cuz i can control the temps better for sparge needs and the power it can use to heat the water, 1500 if needed.
I hadn’t considered another mash/boil type of kettle, but it’s even cheaper than the Grainfather heater by $30 or so. Good call! I did end up getting the Grainfather. Haven’t used yet, but I see the markings are in Celsius and liters. No problem, I can convert volume quickly enough. The temp setting will not change from use to use anyway.