Sous Vide for AIO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentbud

Reaction score
My electric all-in-one unit works well but the time it takes to get from mash up to a boil can take 30 min or more. I was thinking about picking up a sous vide to help it heat faster. I can see this working ok if I was using it to heat strike water as that is just water. But after mashing in and draining there is grain, and in some cases hop particulates in the water. Has anyone used a sous vide to help heat the wort to boiling temps and did you have any problems with particulates clogging the recirc fan on the sous vide?

I've heard of using a sous vide in the mash to keep temps but not for a boil.

Most use heat sticks to get their boils up faster/ more vigorous...I'm not real sure your sous vide will have the affect you are hoping for.

Most use heat sticks to get their boils up faster/ more vigorous...I'm not real sure your sous vide will have the affect you are hoping for.
Are there specific heat sticks commonly used in homebrewing or just any of the many heat sticks listed online?

Back