Sour Swap #3: Funkadelic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whomever sent this from West Virginia, you bombed my porch with an amazing surprise!! the pregnant SWMBO had to call for reinforcements to lift this puppy! can't wait to try these, just don't know where to start! Thank you very much whoever you are!!! lol

Awesome packaging by the way!

1405990531320.jpg

Oh that Gose!! Incorrigible and Riserva are great. I can't wait to get my hands on some Wicked Weed, been close a couple times, but the trades have fallen through.

Whomever sent this from West Virginia, you bombed my porch with an amazing surprise!! the pregnant SWMBO had to call for reinforcements to lift this puppy! can't wait to try these, just don't know where to start! Thank you very much whoever you are!!! lol

You're welcome. Glad everything arrived safe and sound.

Oh that Gose!! Incorrigible and Riserva are great. I can't wait to get my hands on some Wicked Weed, been close a couple times, but the trades have fallen through.

I can get wicked weed normally. Once I get my hands on some I'll hit you up and we can work a trade.

BTW, all of the homebrew bottles are good to go, I would personally wait on the Jack Daniels barrel aged stout for a little while, I believe it's only been in the bottle 4 weeks. My friend says it is fully carbed but it will only get better for the next few months.

BTW, all of the homebrew bottles are good to go, I would personally wait on the Jack Daniels barrel aged stout for a little while, I believe it's only been in the bottle 4 weeks. My friend says it is fully carbed but it will only get better for the next few months.

I'll put that one away! I had your RIS last night and it was pretty damn good! :tank:

I tried dropping mine off Monday and Tuesday but the mom and pop place I go to was closed for an unknown reason. FedEx is coming to pick it up today and it should arrive in a few days. So annoying.

Yea, waited till 430 and it didn't show. Although lately they have been delivering to work late, even though they know our hours and should be here within them... No biggie. Got a jester king box today, so this just spreads the love to tomorrow

eJeA9AQ.jpg

Nice haul, thanks a lot.

Pumped to try the homebrews too.

Fixed...I was playing dumb with links

Nice!! Im happy they made it !!! They look good sitting there. I had one more I was going to put in but it wouldn't fit. I barely got all that into the box . Enjoy!! And cheers

Holy Hell John! AFAIK, only 2 of these beers are distributed to NY! Awesome hit! Firsts on everything except the Gose, but believe me, I'm not complaining. Now I have something to compare the one I just brewed to, because I ran out of the last one on brew day.

Thanks man!

2014-07-24 15.04.49.jpg

Oh yes it did!! Just got home t o find this awesome box of goodness! ! Thanks so much!! Got some in the cooler now fir after work tonight. .. nice work. Ready to get my face turned inside out!

Awesome! Any honest feedback on the two homebrews is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Looks like more than half have landed although I'm not sure how many got in. My user name isn't listed on the original post (and I'm in) so there may be more.

Hauls are getting snazzy!!!!

Holy Hell John! AFAIK, only 2 of these beers are distributed to NY! Awesome hit! Firsts on everything except the Gose, but believe me, I'm not complaining. Now I have something to compare the one I just brewed to, because I ran out of the last one on brew day.

Thanks man!

Commons just landed in NY...i was very excited lol
Also thats what this is all about isent it, passing on the love!?

Cheers buddy, glad you enjoy.
That cucumber berliner is something else (if you love cucumber) lol

Commons just landed in NY...i was very excited lol
Also thats what this is all about isent it, passing on the love!?

Cheers buddy, glad you enjoy.
That cucumber berliner is something else (if you love cucumber) lol

That's awesome! Drives me nuts when they go all the way across the country and skip Chicago!

I meant to comment on that cucumber too. Tzatziki! I'm going to have to make sure I get a gyro the night I drink that one. Love cucumber and tzatziki even more :)

Saw FedEx pull up and knew I had a box from them coming but wasn't expecting this one today!

Excited that besides two hearted and rueze I haven't had any of these! Thanks for the bomb!!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406304928.420803.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1406304937.400072.jpg

Nice. The rivertown blackberry is very good. Not quite as much Brett as I would like in a perfect world but plenty sour and nice and dry. I would drink this OFTEN If I lived in distribution, shelf beer and super reasonably priced for what it is. Next time I go visit my Cincy friends I'll probably buy too much.

Glad it all arrived safely! The bells beers are straight from the brewery and super fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It took a lot of will power to part with that Jester King. I've been lucky enough to get some in the last two swaps, and I have to say they make possibly the best sours I've had. It only felt right to slim the herd a little and share the love.

Think that landed at my home!

Nice packing, and nice beers!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406398296.994751.jpg

For starters, a Jester King! Never had this one before, and sounds really interesting!

Then two from Wicked Weed, never had those either! One a fruited sour ale, the other 100% Brett beer. Very excited to try these!

next up we have a Weyerbacher Riserva! I've heard good things about this. I have not had before, but scored a bottle in the last round that I've not tried yet. One to drink now, and one to drink later!!

Next there is a Berliner weisse with cucumber. Sounds really interesting and sound help keep me cool in the crazy Florida heat.

And then an unusual bottle that appears to bear some signatures. It's in a collaboration woot stout ale bottle it looks like. I'm not sure if its a homebrew, or if this beer was signed at the brewery? Curious...

Finally a Long Island canned IPA! This is getting consumed first, as soon as I can get it chilled!

Thanks! Have you had the Encenida before? A very nice box you put together for me! I appreciate the effort. Do you know if any of the wicked weed are pasteurized? Noted some slight leakage from those two but not more then a few droplets.

great job!!

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Sorry about the leaks. First time I've sent any of the ww stuff out since I usually drink what I get.

The woot bottle is a homebrew. Zombie dust clone based mostly on what's on the site here.

Sorry about the leaks. First time I've sent any of the ww stuff out since I usually drink what I get.

The woot bottle is a homebrew. Zombie dust clone based mostly on what's on the site here.

NAH!! not worried about a few drops literally! How can you blame yourself of some minimally leaky caps!!! I'm stoked to be able to drink the stuff!

Cool on the zombie dust clone. I tried the recipe from HBT and was not Impressed with the first half. I had a second half since I brew in 10G batches usually which I thought was really good. Only thing different was dry hops and the time they had contact. Seems that they can make or break a beer!

Anyhow, thanks for the awesome sours! Can't wait to try them!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back