Sour seltzer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillcobrewing

Reaction score
Hello! So I’m pretty new to this whole form thing. I’ve been brewing home brew for about a year now and haven’t tried any type of sour yet. I just started a batch of seltzer and really thought a sour seltzer would be the bomb so I pitched the sugar and flavour mixture with a “wild brew sour pitch”. I’ve looked all over the internet about souring and all I can understand is that the pitch sours the sugars in the wort for regular sour beers so I figure this should work just fine for a seltzer before adding the yeast. If anyone has any pointer or ideas please let me know.

I’ll keep an update here about how my home brewed sour mango passion fruit seltzer goes.

Attachments

• C601DAE3-E1C4-49BC-A041-7331BFF63C25.jpeg
    C601DAE3-E1C4-49BC-A041-7331BFF63C25.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
I know this was like 4 years ago...what was the outcome? Like you, I have been looking to the viability of making a soured seltzer, but am mainly only seeing things for sour beer.

OP hasn't been seen here since May 1, '23, so not likely to respond. I haven't done this but imagine pitching Philly Sour yeast instead of the yeast you usually use would work.

Back