sour apple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johannes

Reaction score
I have some bottles of Austrian lager that has a good dose of acetaldehyde. Can I help clear this by bringing the bottles up to room temp to let the little remaining yeast clear it up? The bottles have been in the fridge for a couple of months. Thanks

Johann

Johannes said:
I have some bottles of Austrian lager that has a good dose of acetaldehyde. Can I help clear this by bringing the bottles up to room temp to let the little remaining yeast clear it up? The bottles have been in the fridge for a couple of months. Thanks

Johann

http://homebrewzone.com/acetaldehyde.htm

HomeBrewZone said:
Description: This flavor or aroma is reminiscent of the flavor or aroma of green apples.

Cause: It may be indicative of bacterial infection, but also may be a sign that the beer is too "young" and needs to age.

Remedy: Make sure good sanitation procedures are followed to avoid infection. Make sure your homebrew is not removed from the yeast too soon during fermentation.

Back