Sorry honey. I just gotta empty this keg...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xakk

Reaction score
So, I got ready to keg my Lord Marples clone Sunday morning, and realized the keg I'd planned to use was way dirtier than I'd thought. I picked up a few kegs off of CraigsList and hadn't gotten around to rebuilding them yet. One of them would still hold pressure when I got it, so I figured a quick change of o-rings and a good scrubbing was all it needed.

Wrong.

It'd had old, skanky beer still in it when I first opened it up, and while I soaked everything in Oxy-Clean (RIP, Billy Mays), it was still pretty bad inside and out. I could get to everything else, but I don't have a brush that'll get down into the dip-tube just yet.

Anyway, I checked out in the kegorator and sure enough, the keg of Irish Red sure feels like it's about empty. No problem! I pulled out a 20oz glass and stuck it under the tap. That should be about right.

It filled all the way up without much foam. Hmm. Ok. I grab another glass. It also filled up. Crap. So I pulled out a pitcher, turned the gas way down, and started filling it up. 4 qts later it finally sputtered and I'm cussin' up a storm. I put the pitcher in the fridge and went on with my cleaning, sanitizing and filling.

So anyway, by 11am I'm done. And I've got this pitcher full of beer in the fridge that's gonna go to waste if I don't hurry up and finish it. (It's still Sunday morning, mind you)

I finally grabbed a couple of glasses and the pitcher and headed next door.

"Roger!" I say, "I need some help!"

He agreed. We just couldn't let it go to waste.

So that's how I ended up spending my Sunday morning sitting on my neighbor's front porch drinking a pitcher of beer. By the time we were on our 3rd glass, his wife was kind enough to inform us that it was Noon, so we could start drinkin' if we wanted to. I thought that was awfully nice of her.

See now that sounds like a great Sunday morning! Thats not uncommon for me on the weekends! I work hard all week long and really enjoy havin two or three or four or more after havin a few cups of coffee. Your very lucky to have a neighbor to share your homebrews with.

Hey sometimes early sipping happens. We started brewing early today, in 80-90 deg heat we got thirsty. By the time 11am rolled around we had to pull out a bottle of cider and just sip on it. Ooooops, forgot that cider was 12%, haha it made for a good rest of the day. Cheers to emptying a keg!

Truly classic Sunday morning. If his wife complains too much remind her that your partying with the troops in Iraq and its well after noon there, so its OK.

Latest posts

Back