soooo i have dots in my some of my bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slomo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all

I brewed a wheat beer for my third batch. It was a prehopped extract hit from coopers. Everything went while through fermentation. During bottling i forgot to add the priming sugar, and added it half way through my transfer to my bottling bucket. It foamed up a little bit, but went away by the time my siphon was done. It has been 1 week in the bottle on sunday, and so i tried one. It was pretty good a little flat but good. This morning i was stupid and forgot to turn off the electric blanket. So my bottles set all day in a cooler with an electric blanket, getting very warm.:mad: In several of my bottles i have dark dots? The bottles looked normal up to this point. Could this be a possible infection or did i reactivate the yeast with the higher temps?

TIA:mug:

You will definitely get yeast sediment from bottle carbonating. Yes, the warm temperature probably gave the yeast a kick in the butt and got them working.

It doesn't mean there's an infection.

That is what i was thinking. Being that this was my third batch I wanted to make sure. I tasted a bottle today and it seemed the same as it did yesturday. so i will RDWHAHB, and thanks for the response!

Back