Son of Fermentation + Beer Engine Combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LabRatBrewer

Lost in a Maze
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While reading the DYI threads and bookmarking many future projects, I wondered if you couldn't combine the Son of Fermentation project with the RV hand pump project (beer engine) for serving cask ale? I saw a thread for a nice keezer/beer engine combo. Is there any reason the SoF wouldn't work in combination with a beer engine? I know the fermentation temp might not match cellar temp for cask serving so maybe it could not be used for both purposes at the same time, but could be a multiple use project?

I can't see why it wouldn't work, other than as you mentioned your real ale wouldn't be at cellar temp. I imagine you could come up with some sort of gorgeous hybrid.

I think it would work. I am eyeing a white storage cabinet in my garage that I could build the dual use contraption into. Time to get out the measuring tape (and learn to use google's sketch up program). Hmmm.

Back