Sometimes it's ok...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullDraw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
... to wake up your neighbor.

I'm not considered a seasoned veteran in the brew world. I don't have all the answers, and don't claim to.

But here's a little assurance for the really new guys. It's OK to wake up your neighbor first thing in the morning if you're worried that something is horribly wrong, or something odd you never expected is currently in progress.

My neighbor was knocking on the door this morning. He's making a Chimay clone as his 3rd batch. So this is his first experience with a high original gravity beer, and he double pitched liquid yeast. This morning, while the Krausen is on the ceiling and he's freakin out, he came to get me. Cool. I don't mind, even if he did wake me. We walked over with supplies in hand, popped a blowoff tube on it, explained what was happening, and off to work he went. I'll be heading over later to check on the progress.

So, if it's bad, you're legitimately concerned for your brew, go get the help that you need. Just plan to share a few extra cold ones for the time.

"Now, ceiling mops are located between the left handed screwdrivers and baord stretchers at Lowes..."

Way to be a good neighbor...we need more of 'em :mug:

Wow... I wish my neighbor was able to come and check on my brews for me. I would absolutely love it if my neighbor got into homebrewing. The seed has been planted... maybe someday!

Back