Something tells me i am not responsible enough to have a kegerator...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone else find themselves getting really fckng fat from drinking 1000+ calories worth of beer every single day?

yeh im hitting 260, spent most my adult life at closer to 210. Getting an office job and starting home brewing has made me a right wee porker

Three steps? You don't need to make trips. Just a picnic tap with a long line right to the couch.
Now that's living.

Hmmm now i just have to figure out a way to keep the line cold enough to avoid excessive foaming....

does anyone else find themselves getting really fckng fat from drinking 1000+ calories worth of beer every single day?

my pipeline can hold 55 gallons (7 kegs and 4 fermenters). i never run out of beer or have less than 3 options.

Yes and my boss won't stop bringing up that article about how ipa's give you man boobs. Its kind of funny tho, he has much bigger moobs than i. Too bad hes the boss or els i would upscoop his moob and crack a joke.

I probably go through it the same as I would with bottled or canned beer. Unless it is a really good batch and a couple of friends are over, then you can say good by to that keg wish I had more.

my pipeline can hold 55 gallons (7 kegs and 4 fermenters). i never run out of beer or have less than 3 options.

Jesus, 1000+ calories of beer every day? Damn, that's like 6 beers, at least. I usually figure 200 calories a pint for an average strength beer. That's 5 pints.

But no, when I do drink that much I don't seem to notice it. It's when I'm eating a bunch of pizza or wings with the beer that I notice the weight gain. I've since stopped doing that and don't gain. But I ride my bike for transportation, like 10 miles a day. So that helps.

You read my mind :rockin: Or what I would do. Be innovative. Set the fridge next to the couch. Cold + don't have to move.

Swmbo has already been very accepting of the kegerator placement, that would just be pushing it. Maybe i could bribe her hmmm.

Na, calories in/calories out.

I approximate my "beer calories" and cut back on food or increase the time I work out in order to maintain my weight.

Na, calories in/calories out.

I approximate my "beer calories" and cut back on food or increase the time I work out in order to maintain my weight.

I read about that crazy pseudo scientific approach somewhere
024_viz242_LCME.jpg

haha me too. The only reason I work out every single day is to combat the massive amount of candy and beer I shove in my face hole

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say you actually drink less if you have a kegerator. Here's the scene...You are hosting a barbecue. Kegerator is inside, the grill and party guests are outside. Beer in hand you go inside to get a (fill in the blank). While you're inside you A) gulp down the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the bottle in your hand because you'd have to come back in, in a few minutes to grab another one anyway. Or B) top off your half full glass from the tap because why waste a trip.

The same scenario can take place if you were watching TV, eating a meal, tinkering in the garage, etc. Fact is, within one trip, you just drank an extra half beer that you would not have if you owned a kegerator.

You can use this and to aid you argument if the wife is still nay saying...

"You see, hun. With a kegerator I would not drink as much alcohol and thus not drunkenly hit on your incredibly hot sister when she comes over"

"obviously, (wife's name). A kegerator produces far less waste than bottles. With less waste comes less times the trash needs to be taken out and thus less times you'll have to constantly remind me. I know how that upsets you....I don't want to see you upset"

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say you actually drink less if you have a kegerator. Here's the scene...You are hosting a barbecue. Kegerator is inside, the grill and party guests are outside. Beer in hand you go inside to get a (fill in the blank). While you're inside you A) gulp down the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the bottle in your hand because you'd have to come back in, in a few minutes to grab another one anyway. Or B) top off your half full glass from the tap because why waste a trip./snip

Those are the 1/2 and 1/4 beers that I wouldn't have drank if I bottled.

"Man, I can see that I only have 15 bottles left and don't want to blow through this stuff, I'll switch to commercial."

vs.

"Yep, lemme just top this up here."

2 mins later

"Time for another topper."

4 mins later

"Spin dat top yo."

2 mins 20 seconds later

"Top o' da mornin' to ya... pffft. hahaha."

1 min 30 seconds later

"How bout a little Orange County Toppers."

20 seconds later

"GOOOOOOSE! Top gun, lol. I'm hilarious."

10 seconds later

"I like it when you call me big topp-a."

*Foam sprays everywhere*

I LOVE THIS! Baahhhaaaaaa

Magic Liquid Dispensing Lever....... I think this needs to be a sticker with an arrow!!

Cheers
Jay

Great idea for a tap handle.

This thread reminds me I have two empty kegs that need filled.

I guess the only option is to purchase two more full sized refrigerators. One will replace my current ferm chamber so that i can have more than 1 bucket in at a time. The second one i will turn into a 4 tap kegerator, keeping the current kegerator as a dedicated carbing chamber. That should teach me some responsibility.

The first 2 months of having draft beer at my house are pretty hazy. I didn't even have a fridge for it at them time. I just used a bucket and ice. I had to keep replacing the ice about 6 times a day... so, naturally, the beer would have to get consumed rather quickly. Once I got a fridge for everything my drinking slowed a bit and now it's back to normal again because the novelty of it all wore off. Now it's just "there."

Think of it this way... How often did you buy two 24 packs of beer? Not that often. When you bottled you had 50+ beers at your disposal. Not much different than pulling a pint as the convenience of it goes. However, it is much more fun to pull a pint than to pour one from a bottle :mug:

Put a lock on it and give swmbo the key: guaranteed weight reduction in no time at all...of course you won't find me doing something that crazy!

Kegerators define responsibility. Economical with quick ROI. Think on it....$$saved in bottling time, bottles, caps, priming sugar, bottle washing and associated chemical spends, etc..etc. Secondly be the earths friend! Your bottles will end up in a landfill..killing unicorns and sending Woodsy the Owl into Beserko mode. Don't kill Unicorns man!

You level up in man-points with a Kegerator!

You save "mucho dinero" on purchased beer.

Kegerators define responsibility. Economical with quick ROI. Think on it....$$saved in bottling time, bottles, caps, priming sugar, bottle washing and associated chemical spends, etc..etc. Secondly be the earths friend! Your bottles will end up in a landfill..killing unicorns and sending Woodsy the Owl into Beserko mode. Don't kill Unicorns man!

You level up in man-points with a Kegerator!

You save "mucho dinero" on purchased beer.

This guy gets it.

Just set mine up this last week and tapped my first beer on Wednesday, a DIPA. My kids are at their mom's and my wife has been working nights all weekend. That keg is getting very light. I may need adult supervision.

Sometimes I just want half a beer. Other times I challenge myself to drink a pint from all 5 taps before bed...

Just set mine up this last week and tapped my first beer on Wednesday, a DIPA. My kids are at their mom's and my wife has been working nights all weekend. That keg is getting very light. I may need adult supervision.

I feel you man when my lady aint home its open season on whatever beer i have on hand. Its like leaving a kid unsupervised at an all you can eat candy-fest.

Sometimes I just want half a beer. Other times I challenge myself to drink a pint from all 5 taps before bed...

I don't have an official kegerator, but i do have 2 chest freezers and an extra fridge. Usually 3-5 varieties on tap depending upon where I am at in the brewing cycle.

I am planning to buy 2 more kegs soon, taking me up to 9, so that should allow 5-7 varieties on tap.

On a typical day I start my beer flight with the palest and move to the darkest. This usually results in me burning through Pilsners twice as fast as anything.

Back