Someone stole my brewery name!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
Just happened upon this website:

About Us

They stole my name! I was going to register that domain name, but I accidently typed in Lazy Dog Brewery. It figures.

WTF!????

Notice how little info is on it....and you have to sign a confidentiality agreement to look at the business plan???

I wonder if it's not that guy who was on here last week recruiting for a brewer, but not giving any info or anything away....

Either way...sumbitch needs to be punched in the nuts by Evan!

Bastages! Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens -- like the Professor -- could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes...

Chad

I'm summoning the power of the almighty cockpunch.

cockpunch.jpg

cockpunch.jpg

Bogus.

And besides Frink...your website is much better....(plus you have a hot assistant brewer)

Can't you just reigster Lazy_Dog or something instead and steal all their traffic...

Oh if you register "A_Lazydogbrewing" You'll end up higher on the googelz...and really piss them off...then you can sell them that url for a quarter of a million dollars...

I'm just sayin

:D

Here's what I found out:

Creation Date........ 2008-03-12
Registration Date.... 2008-03-12
Expiry Date.......... 2010-03-12

So it's been up awhile now.

Same thing happened to me with dirtydogbrewing.com. It was available up until about a week before I actually tried to register it. Bad timing on my part - should have grabbed it while I had the chance!

Here's what I found out:

Creation Date........ 2008-03-12
Registration Date.... 2008-03-12
Expiry Date.......... 2010-03-12

So it's been up awhile now.

That's still over a year after I put mine up.

Revvy said:
Oh if you register "A_Lazydogbrewing" You'll end up higher on the googelz...and really piss them off...then you can sell them that url for a quarter of a million dollars...

I think GoDaddy has a $2.19 sale going on right now.

That sucks...a buddy of mine that manages a brewery wanted me to open a one up with him. It eventually fell through of course, but we wanted to call it "5th Season"...

Then we found a 5 Seasons brewing co, lame.

WTF!????

Notice how little info is on it....and you have to sign a confidentiality agreement to look at the business plan???

I wonder if it's not that guy who was on here last week recruiting for a brewer, but not giving any info or anything away....

Either way...sumbitch needs to be punched in the nuts by Evan!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the website

Time to rename?

Synonyms: indolent, idle, lethargic, languid, sluggish, slothful... dog brewery. Sorry about your name getting taken. I suppose if it's that important to us we should all register our names.

Lethargic Lab Brewing Co?

My buddies black lab licked our grains a few weeks back and we brewed anyways... It's been named "Monty's Nut Brown Ale" in honor of him... Dogs + Brewing seems stressful, but it definitely adds to the process...

My question is why all these people opening brewpubs think their idea is new and needs to be protected. That just shows they are IAC's (replace the "E" in EAC with ignorant).

Still...it sucks.

It wouldn't have taken 30 secs. of their time to google around and see if the name is being used for something remotely similar.

Maybe they'll be out of business in a year.

If you like your name and you want to keep your name TRADE MARK YOUR NAME!!!!!! Its fast easy and only costs $330
I own...
California Brewing Company
Beach Blonde Ale
Fresh Brewed Attitude
Tuscan (Long Story)
I have a few others that we are looking into
and we will buy more as we feel the need

all you have to do to keep your TM is use it!!!! it has to be "for market" any market even if your just selling shirts or glasses to your neighbors, Its still being used.
Just my take on it
Cheers
Jay

Back