Somebody needs to tell these children that crack kills!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
pic44748.jpg

Looks like a game from the mid to late 70s. Stratego, Tank Battle, Clue, Battleship, Risk... and of course, chess, were the games I was playing back in the 70's. I don't remember the Slime Monster game, but I was prolly already in college by then.

Wow, I remember "Slime" but I don't remember that... Risk, Stratego, Monopoly and all the rest of the usual board games...

However, I'd seriously think about giving up a body part to have my old army men back... we had the good stuff... Green Allied Army dudes against Grey Axis Army dudes... Tanks and all...

Ize

I had that game when I was a kid. It was a fukcing mess and the slime left oily spots on the gameboard.

Plus, if you didn't get the little men cleaned well after a sliming, the stuff thickened into nasty little boogers.

-walker

PS: I do NOT remember the kids looking all bug-eyed on the box, but apparently they were.

I love the fact that it says "for ages over 5" on the box. I mean, honestly, who in their right mind would let their 6 year old play this? Let a 6 year old play with slime and you're gonna have to shave the dog.... :drunk:

Ize

Ize said:
However, I'd seriously think about giving up a body part to have my old army men back... we had the good stuff... Green Allied Army dudes against Grey Axis Army dudes... Tanks and all...

Ize

Don't know about your neck of the woods, but we have bags of 100 green, tan, and gray army men at any Dollar Tree. Ahhhh nothing like camping and watching the army men play the game "Death By Napalm" in the campfire... such memories...

And where are they now?

From left to right:

Eugene Freidlemeyer - Inventor of the failed Mac-clone, Lemon MacIntrash computers. He lost his shirt in this venture and is currently living under an overpass in San Jose, CA with his 3-legged chihuahua Speedy.

Sally Ann Smith-Jones - Housewife and mother of 4 (and pioneer in the hyphenated last name craze). She hosts a live webcam event from her bedroom every evening while hubby works at the factory and the kids sleep. She's saving up for a one-way ticket for one to "anywhere but here".

Timmy Tittleman (R.I.P.) - choked on Slime two days after this picture was taken. His family is living in Colorado Springs and are set for life, but they still insist that "it wasn't about the money" when they sued.

OK...too much free time waiting for my brew kit to arrive.

I had a "game" called Clyde's Car Crusher. You made tin foil cars with these molds and then put the car on the conveyer belt, turned a crank, and the car got crushed. It was awesome.

todd_k said:
I had a "game" called Clyde's Car Crusher. You made tin foil cars with these molds and then put the car on the conveyer belt, turned a crank, and the car got crushed. It was awesome.

Back in the day we blew up army men with firecrackers, or just torched them with gasoline, but the concept is the same. Destroying stuff is cool. :rockin:

Flyin' Lion said:
Back in the day we blew up army men with firecrackers, or just torched them with gasoline, but the concept is the same. Destroying stuff is cool. :rockin:

I remember making model cars and blowing them up with M80's or Silver Salutes!

Back