Some sort of keg legs/stand/casters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moxie

Reaction score
I have seen those "uni-tank" sanke fermenters on eBay, and while the idea is awesome, it's not really practical or in my budget at the moment. I do however have a couple of quarter barrel slim sanke kegs which I think will make perfect primaries for 5 or 6 gallons of beer. I am trying to figure out a way to make these easier to use/move around, and I had an image in my head of some sort of rolling stand for the keg that would elevate it up high enough to siphon finished beer into serving cornies. Anybody built such a thing? My brief search online didn't really offer any kind of info or photos, but I did find "KegLegs," which is selling a pretty elaborate keg stand with casters and a built in banjo burner. Being a student, this is pretty much out of my price range at the moment as well.

KegLegs

Legs%20w%20keg.gif

Just realized that this may not be in the most relevant section for such a topic, this is probably a DIY type of a thing. Sorry about that.

I saw a picture where a guy bolted aluminum rectangular tubing to the top and bottom skirts with enough length below to put wheels on and have keg carts. They didn't look super stable, but I bet they'd work.

Back