Some questions about brewferm Abdij/Abbey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remos112

Reaction score
Hi guys tried another beer couple weeks ago and added some twists.
Here's the "recipe"
2 cans brewferm Abdij/Abbey
500 grams of amber malt extract (dme)
1 canister of dark candy syrup. 1 liter 1.4 kg
a 3l starter yielding approx 600Billion cells of Wyeast Abbey 1214
Filled up to 18 liters.

OG was 1080
FG is 1010
First question According to my calculations this makes a 9,4%ABV beer, and potentially 9,9 after bottle conditioning could this really be possible? I never expected it to get this high, but I sure wouldn't mine a nice strong one for the cold winter nights:)

The beer smelled absolutely awesome and fermentation went like a rocket. I will bottle it this weekend as it is in the fermenter then for 3 weeks.

Second question, any recommendations about how long to condition this beer? I have read at least 6 months and some people even mentioning 1 year. Any advice on this? It would be a shame to open it pre-maturely since the batch isn't super big to begin with.

Looking forward to your replies
Greetins Remi

I bottled the beer yesterday, and it smelled and looked absolutely amazing! Can't wait to taste one, but I will wait at least a couple of months

Please let them age. It's a very good kit beer, but really shines after 6 months in the bottle. (I discovered this too late :) )

if i just add dme and skipp dark candy
it will have kinda normal % of alc ?

Latest posts

Back