Some old photos...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewChem

Reaction score
Prohibition patriots....

image-1346839478.jpg

WOW that is looking awesome, these photos are looking very cool, i will show this to my grandpa and I am sure he will happy to see this. thanks for sharing. I was just thinking that how people suffer from those days when this prohibition was applied.

WOW that is looking awesome, these photos are looking very cool, i will show this to my grandpa and I am sure he will happy to see this. thanks for sharing. I was just thinking that how people suffer from those days when this prohibition was applied.

As the breweries had to shut down and could no longer sell beer, an "unfortunate" thing happened: they had to get rid of all the malt syrup they had on hand to not go out of business. There was malt syrup being sold for baking and "beverage" uses. Some of the breweries sold malt syrup with warning labels. These labels contained specific warnings about DO NOT mix this syrup with (x) quantity water and yeast, or illegal beer will be produced.
Dumb like a fox, huh?

As the breweries had to shut down and could no longer sell beer, an "unfortunate" thing happened: they had to get rid of all the malt syrup they had on hand to not go out of business. There was malt syrup being sold for baking and "beverage" uses. Some of the breweries sold malt syrup with warning labels. These labels contained specific warnings about DO NOT mix this syrup with (x) quantity water and yeast, or illegal beer will be produced.
Dumb like a fox, huh?

some grape juice had the same warning on them.:rockin:

So it turns out that if it was not for Prohibition, I may not exist...

I asked my Dad a few weeks ago if he knew how his parents met (Grandpa died right after WWII and Grandma died about 7 years ago). It turns out that the first time they met was at a friends house when making beer in the basement. They hit it off right away, and the rest is history.

I wonder if home brewing is hereditary.

Latest posts

Back