Some kegerator conversion questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
Doing a 4 keg setup in a stand up fridge.

1) I need to mount the distributor to the inside of the fridge somewhere. What kind of screws can I use to screw into the thin plastic that lines the inside of the fridge? Or should I build some kind of wood piece first that the distributor screws into and then maybe super glue the wood to the plastic?

2) Shanks.... Once I drill my 7/8" hole do I use some kind of wood piece to couple between the inside of the fridge door and the nut that holds the shank in place? Maybe a 2x4?

3) Does it matter how long by gas lines are from the distributor to each keg? I know beer line length is important, just didn't know if gas line mattered at all.

Thanks all.

1. Anything with a large thread will work. Wood or sheet metal screws will work fine.

2. You don't need to, but you can. I've seen it either way. Mine are just screwed to the outer sheet metal of the door, but I've seen people throw a 2x4 in there with holes drilles through it.

3. The length of the gas lines does not matter.

Back