Solid State Relay to my ITC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullGator

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a beverage cooler that blows the relays in my ITC temp controllers when the compressor turns on. I know it is because the cranking amps are too high. My ranco controller works fine but it is not 2 stage so I can't heat and cool. I have read where people are adding an additional solid state relay but I am unsure of how to wire the one I purchased. I purchased this SSR:

uxcell SSR-25 DA 25A 3-32V DC / 24-380V AC Solid State Relay + Heat Sink

upload_2018-5-1_14-4-3.png

My problem is there seems to be a lot of different type of SSRs. I believe the one I have may need a DC power source but I'm not sure. And I can't seem to find a lot out there on how to wire it up. If anyone can help provide input or a wiring diagram, that would be appreciated.

Maybe I need to get another SSR to make this work. I just need to get this working because it is holding up my next brew day. If anyone knows of a 2 stage temp controller that can take up to around 20A (max, not running amps), then that would solve my problems as well.

Thanks

Back