Software that utilizes mash temps and PH in calcs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMehr

Reaction score
I've been using BF since my second batch of beer 3 years ago. Only yesterday did I discover BF doesn't take mash temps or PH entries into account when calculating OG. Does any of the currently available brew software do this?

BeerSmith adjusts fermentability of the wort based upon the mash temperature. As Yooper stated above, the gravity of the wort will not be affected by normal mash temperatures.

As for pH, within the acceptable range there will be no major change in gravity of the wort extracted and some change in the fermentability. Missing the range affects the conversion of the soluble starches into sugars which will not impact gravity so much as the ability of the wort to ferment and should show up as unconverted starches using a starch test.

Sorry, that should have said calculating FG. It looks like I'll be giving BeerSmith a shot. Thanks everyone!

Back