SOB! What Did I DO????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a dumper for sure! Sucks, but it happens. I bet it won't happen again! There will be a new thing to cause grief next time.

At any rate, I highly recommend StarSan as a sanitizer. So easy to use with a spray bottle and used this way will last for a LONG time. I keep a jug of it mixed with distilled water and top off the spray bottle as needed.

Maybe limit yourself to one beer during the brewing/bottling days. At least until after you're all done.

Maybe limit yourself to one beer during the brewing/bottling days. At least until after you're all done.

That's a great idea. I think I had two beers by that time. You can bet I will triple check the package of priming sugar on my next bottling day which will be on the 29th of this month. I have a Red Ale fermenting in the basement right now and it will be three weeks in the primary on the 29th, which should be good for bottling. I was going to let this ale sit in the primary for 4 weeks, but due to the circumstances of what happened to my English Brown Ale incident, I will bottle the Red Ale one week earlier. This Saturday I will brew an American Cream Ale, and two weeks later I plan on brewing another English Brown Ale to make up for this one I lost.

I just don't think it's worth it. At best, he'll save a batch of beer. At worst he'll have something that will make him physically ill. It would require more work uncapping, dumping out, reboiling, cooling, then adding the priming sugar than to just make a new extract batch, for an end-result of a beer that probably won't taste good and could potentially harm him. I'm just not seeing the upside to trying to save this batch. Dumping beer isn't the worst thing that can happen to a homebrewer.

No doubt. I agree. Just saying what I would do. I hate losing a batch. Makes me crazy. The best advise is to dump it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

Back