So, who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a LONG time since I brewed - did a batch with Dude right after the 4th, did a Belgian in June, but nothing at all in close to two months. Making me feel guilty!

So, I'm getting back on the horse tomorrow morning, bright and early. Oatmeal stout for the Lady_Bird... recipe's flexible enough where I should be able to use up a lot of grain leftovers. A quasi-"kitchen sink" batch. Prolly purge most of the remaining grains after this batch is done.

Who else is brewing this weekend?

Final Heffi for the season boils on sunday. After that (Mon) I will probly do a double of some dark lager like thing... still undecided. But I have to stock up for Oktoberfest...

Well, I think I might too. I had plans to have a party for a FFB draft but that got postponed. SWMBO's grandfather isn't doing well so she and her dad flew down to Florida this morning.

I have no idea what to brew but I think I'm gonna do it. I might also smoke some grains while I'm out there. Gotta test out the smoker box I made. :D

Dude said:
I have no idea what to brew but I think I'm gonna do it. I might also smoke some grains while I'm out there. Gotta test out the smoker box I made. :D

Share some pics? ;)

Sorry to hear about SWMBO's grandfather. Wifey just lost hers a month or so ago, it was really rough on her. Best wishes.

Going to do a double, maybe tripple batch monday. Blonde, APA, and who knows.. need another mash tun ;)

Hop Madness Sat noon to Sunday noon. I'll just be watching people brew & drinking The Best Damn Hoppy Beer. [Don't know who will win this year, but I'm certain to have a sip or two.]

I was planning on brewing this weekend, but I think I'm just going to make a quick batch tonight and then spend the rest of the weekend drinking.

Brewing Monday! The fiancee and I are brewing something we're calling Rhoobarb's Revenge Holiday Lager.

I guess you'd call it a 'radical brew'. Pilsner, munich, rye and 2-row malt, some PNW hops, including Summit and a lot of Cascade hops, fresh picked from my vines for aroma. What makes it different is we're tossing in some black peppercorns, some coriander and a pound of Thai palm sugar.

I'm in a moderate swing. I have to throw some more apfelwein in the fermenter and am brewing a dog fish head 60 min IPA. I also need to do some racking and additions to 4 gallons of mead, 6g of wine, another 6g of wine, two other mead batches both at about 1 3/4g each. Most of those need bottling done to them as well! I don't have enough bottles! I'd like to make another brew this weekend as well, as it is the last before my fall semester starts back up. I'm debating between a number of options including a RIS, a hefeweizen, perhaps a chocolate stout/porter or maybe something with chocolate and raspberry. Its going to be a rewarding weekend :D

I'm going to make a session bitter Saturday and either an IPA or my rye ale on Sunday. I have to make time to fix my CFC first though, my 'helper' on my last brew day was kind enough to kink the inner copper and break the tubing. Fortunately right at the end so I just need to cut some off, shift everything down and sweat the joints again.

the_bird said:
Share some pics? ;)

Sorry to hear about SWMBO's grandfather. Wifey just lost hers a month or so ago, it was really rough on her. Best wishes.

Thanks. I just talked to her, he's fighting hard but the doc said he only has a few hours left. DAMMIT.

I'll post pics of the smoker box tomorrow.

Rhoobarb said:
Brewing Monday! The fiancee and I are brewing something we're calling Rhoobarb's Revenge Holiday Lager.

I guess you'd call it a 'radical brew'. Pilsner, munich, rye and 2-row malt, some PNW hops, including Summit and a lot of Cascade hops, fresh picked from my vines for aroma. What makes it different is we're tossing in some black peppercorns, some coriander and a pound of Thai palm sugar.

Hmmmm....I have some summit hops here that I never got to brew with. Sounds like I need to get a recipe together--or search the database.

Maybe Monday.

Today might be the 31st day this summer over 110°, a record.
Normally that happens 10 times a year.

Might be cooler on Monday.

This weekend I'm going to help a buddy set up a 5 tap brass tower at his fake bar in the pine forests of the Mogollon Rim (N. AZ).

Pics on Monday.

Haven't brewed since early June, the kids' las day of school. Gonna brew 10 gallons of brown ale tomorrow, and 10 gallons of blonde on Sunday. Gotta get some staples going, then I can do some bigger beers later!

First thing in the morning, I am headed down to the Nebraska State Fair. Our brew club is working with the Nebraska Craft Brewers Association (NCBA) to put on homebrewing demonstrations in the NCBA beer garden during the fair. Tomorrow I am heading up a team that will brew a 15 gallon batch of an English Dark Mild. Last Saturday we did a 30 gallon batch of an American IPA.

The nice thing about this is that we get into the fair for free, we get all the ingredients for free, we drink beer for free, and when we get done brewing we get to take the wort home with us. All we have to do is brew, drink, and talk to the public about brewing. We recruit a bunch of new club members every year as well as drive a lot of new business to our local homebrew shop.

Here is a picture of our crew last week with our antique grain mill and John Deere hit and miss engine. We ground over 75 pounds of grain in less than 15 minutes with that setup. That part of the demonstration drew quite a crowd.

StateFairLagers1.jpg

(I'm in the shirt that doesn't match)

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Will be making my first AG (Haus Pale Ale, of course) .. will also bottle some Brown for neightbor's 40th .. going to call it Pete's 40-weight Ale

Wayne, that sounds like a fun time and can't beat the side benefits.

I am going to make an American wheat beer of all things. It's been hotter than normal here and it is a wife request.

Going with a 70 schilling Scottish Ale either Sunday or Monday. Looks like it's finally starting to cool down around here, I can't wait to brew when I can actually stay outside the whole time!:)

I have two batches planned this weekend - a Hefeweizen and an Octoberfest. I had planned on doing a batch but hadn't decided what to brew, and Tuesday SWMBO emails me at work and said her boss brought in a Brewers Best Octoberfest kit for me (I've been sending samples with her to work ;}) so that became one.
The hefe should be interesting - I'm using two 3.3 lb bags of Breiss liquid Bavarian wheat extract that are from July of 2000 (that's the date on the obviously dead and useless 3068 yeast tube in the kit) and have been stored in a garage, in Florida, since then. I dunno if they will be any good or not - I am gonna open the bags and inspect the extract by sight and smell prior to starting the steeping grains. I bought fresh yeast and fresh grains for it.
This kit was part of a batch of items I found on Craig's List and I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. The real take in the stuff was 60 flip top Grolsh bottles and a 24" SS slotted stirring spoon.

It's gonna be beautiful here in central Pa. tomorrow. I'll be racking a Belgian triple to sec. and brewing the same thing, with subtle changes, and dumping right on the cake. Now, where did I leave that blow-off tube? :D

I've got a Cream Ale, and an Irish Red all set to go. I'll hit'em both tomorrow morning. Starters for both this past wednesday, and I've got a ton of yeast to pitch.

I'm brewing my Scotch Ale again on Sunday.

It's 'Beerfest' 2007 at my place on Sunday. I've gotten about 5 buddies into brewing and we're all bringing 2 or 3 of every brew that we've done over the last year to sample and judge.

Starting out with golf at 8 am, then get back and brew and start drinking. There will be much drunken playing of Wii Sports, and to cap off the evening we will watch Beerfest.

It should be a good day.

I might have to brew Monday but I'm thinking of making Poor Richard's Ale. It will be my first one sense I brewed 777 in early May and it will be my second brew this year. :(

Denny's Rye IPA is gonna be mashing in this weekend at some point.

The weather is going to be fantastic so when becomes the question!

I need to head to the shop soon and pick up ingredients for an IPA. Planning to put together my first starter today- wish me luck!

I made a 5 gallon batch of panty dropper cider last night and I'm doing a 5 gallon batch of a Corona clone tonight. I know it's a kinda light beer I'm doing it for a friend that doesn't appeciate the hoppy heavier brews I've been doing.

I will be brewing my Terrapin Rye 1.5ed (I)PA on Sunday. It will be a middle of the road between their Rye Pale Ale and Rye Squared Imperial Pale Ale. Starter needs one more day.

I am Brewing on Sunday as well since its in the mid 80's here in Michigan. I am going to brew an Irish Red/Amber beer with that new Cry Havoc yeast from W.Labs. Working on my starter right now and drying my N.Brewer hops that I just picked, ya gota love this hobby.

I have been brewing every weekend since I got my kit. About 20 in a row!
Brewed one batch, bottled one & put one in the secondary.
Bottled a gallon of Edwarts Apple, too.
I have been making that right in the Kroger apple juice bottles.
During the rest of the week I empty the bottles. :cross:

I'm brewing a Belgian Wit today as a special request for a friends house warming party at the end of September.

I just put a Robust Porter into the fermenter Saturday. Wife was pretty excited about the chocolate malt. Anything to further the cause.

popscube

I have a kind of wacky idea ... on moday, I'm going to make a NINE gallon batch and divide it into 3 ferments ... 3 gallons of dortmunder lager using wyeast danish lager yeast to ferment at 50 degrees; 3 gallons of ale using wyeast 1007 german ale yeast to ferment at 6o degrees; 3 gallons of ale using safale US 05 apa yeast to ferment at 70 degrees. sometime in mid to late october, i'm gonna sample all three to prove that yeast does define the beer.

hoping to get to two brews, an extract pilsner urquell clone and my first AG attempt ed's haus pale. got to get to the lhbs today for some munich malt to brew the pils tommorrow:rockin:

I've got my starter spinning on the stirplate right now. After my bike ride tomorrow, brewing an English IPA with Northern brewer and EKG hops. I'll get to see how the rest of you deal with brewing in summer temps. This is the hottest it's been all year here. (LA) 85 and climbing at 9AM.

I may get one in tomorrow. I'm kegging my experimental blonde today along with 5 gallons of Apfelwein. Gotta head to Costo to stock back up. I've got room for 2 more carboys on the Apefelwein bench.

I'm currently on a budget and rather than buying ingredients for a new brew I decided to buy a kegging system.

Next week I should be giving my primary some love again. :)

Back