So, who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 10 gallons of my Three-Five Session Haus Ale.

First indoor brew. No flies. No sweat. No lugging heavy pales around. and the five-tapper just an arm's reach away.

Today I'm sorting through what's left of my 50#'s of Briess and deciding what I need to clone EdWorts clone of stone.

A stone, clone, clone. :D

That's next weekend though.

Yep,
aekdbbop is coming over at 2pm and we are going to knock out 11.5 gallons for a Pete's Wicked Ale clone. Already have the grain weighed out and the water in the kettles.

I got my AG learn on 2 weeks ago....It's simple, just need equipment!

Lets see, yesterday I bottled Apfelwein, made apfelwein, and made a 60 Min IPA....that tastes so ****ing good!

I still have to bottle a Hefe, and I need to brew some more this weekend!

jdoiv said:
Yep,
aekdbbop is coming over at 2pm and we are going to knock out 11.5 gallons for a Pete's Wicked Ale clone. Already have the grain weighed out and the water in the kettles.

You guys wanna start scheduling the next brew day? I can't make MCBers for the next two months. I'm down for any other time in Sept (if you're brewing more this month!) or the third week in Oct. Would love to get to know some local brewers better!

PseudoChef said:
You guys wanna start scheduling the next brew day? I can't make MCBers for the next two months. I'm down for any other time in Sept (if you're brewing more this month!) or the third week in Oct. Would love to get to know some local brewers better!

I'll probably brew again next weekend. I need to get a Bier de Garde going to build up yeast for a tripple I have planned. Nothing like brewing beer as a bit starter. :D

Nothing this weekend, but I'm doing an APA next weekend. After that I think I'm going to start with some 2.5 gallon experiements.

Well, I have big plans for tomorrow. It started out with a brew day and then it moved to me realizing that I need to bottle and or secondary the three batches I have going already. So... My plans for tomorrow are breakfast then:

1. Patience Porter to Secondary after 4 weeks in Primary

2. Bottle Edworts Haus Ale

3. Bottle Pumpkin Ale

4. Brew a Dry Stout / Oktoberfest if I feel like I have time.

We'll see how the bottling goes. ;) One thing is for sure, I'll have a lot of damn beer to drink in a month. ;) Except for the Patience that waits for Christmas eve. =D

I'm (hopefully) moving into my new house on Tuesday. All of my brewing equipment is in storage until then. If all goes well, I will be brewing Tuesday night. I've already got my grains ready for the first batch. Wednesday will be a pumpkin and Thursday will be a Belgian. Then, god knows what over weekend. WOOOOO. Feels good to be back into the brewing world :)

Brewed a Smooth Nut Brown today from Midwest. We were too darn lazy to get any racking or bottling/kegging done so were in for a marathon session next weekend.

I racked Ed's Haus PA, Racked my blueberry mead and blue berry wine, and am no on minute 53 of a 90 minute boil of my version of Ed's Kolsch. :rockin: Going to be a late nght, but what the hell, its labor day, and I got 777 on tap.:drunk:

jdoiv said:
I'll probably brew again next weekend. I need to get a Bier de Garde going to build up yeast for a tripple I have planned. Nothing like brewing beer as a bit starter. :D

Think you'll brew Saturday or Sunday? My wife's taking the MCAT on Sat. so I'm playing with the little one all day :ban: Sunday may be cool, though. PM me if you're interested showing your knowledge to a n00b.

Well, due to unfortunate circumstances, I didn't brew this weekend, but I'm brewing right now. I just got off of work, so I have a coffee IV going. :D

I decided I was short on Lake Walk Pale Ale, so that is what I'm doing. Just mashed in....

I also have an ESB to rack and force carb so Yuri can try some this week. :)
Gotta get a keg clean.

I ended up making Red Barn this weekend.

Unfortunately, this would not be "Murder In The Red Barn." My old man ask me (and I felt obliged) to help him paint his barn. Red, of course. All freakin' day. Ugh.

Looks good, though!

brewt00l said:
Denny's Rye IPA is gonna be mashing in this weekend at some point.

The weather is going to be fantastic so when becomes the question!

Not only did I brew but I had the best and most beautiful brew assistant to date! The brew smelled fantastic with all the Mt. Hood and Columbus....looking forward to this one.

I used my brew pot's basket insert for the first time, to contain 6 ounces of whole hops. It was a wonderful thing. After the boil I just lifted it out and didn't have to worry about hops any more. Also pitched my first starter. Overall, it was a great weekend!

the_bird said:
I ended up making Red Barn this weekend.

Unfortunately, this would not be "Murder In The Red Barn." My old man ask me (and I felt obliged) to help him paint his barn. Red, of course. All freakin' day. Ugh.

Looks good, though!

Sounds like fun. :cross:

We did some work too. On our house. Kicked my ass.

Dude said:
Well, due to unfortunate circumstances, I didn't brew this weekend, but I'm brewing right now. I just got off of work, so I have a coffee IV going. :D

I decided I was short on Lake Walk Pale Ale, so that is what I'm doing. Just mashed in....

I also have an ESB to rack and force carb so Yuri can try some this week. :)
Gotta get a keg clean.

WOOHOO!!!

Fastest time ever. 4 1/2 hours, start to finish. Almost all cleaned up too, just have some vitals soaking in PBW, will finish that tomorrow.

5 gallons of LWPA in the fermenter. :rockin:

Had a pretty full brewday on Saturday. Racked the Barleywine, Bock and IPA to secondary, kegged the Pale Ale, bottled the Imperial IPA and brewed a Belgian Wit. All this in about 8 hours.

Dude said:
WOOHOO!!!

Fastest time ever. 4 1/2 hours, start to finish. Almost all cleaned up too, just have some vitals soaking in PBW, will finish that tomorrow.

5 gallons of LWPA in the fermenter. :rockin:

Yeah, that's record time.

I started my Amber Lager at 5am, finished at 11:15. Of course, it was double-decoction. Could have been worse, I guess...6:15 for decoction isn't the end of the world.

98EXL said:
why are you up at 5am?

Actually I was up at 4:30. 5am was mash-in time.

I was up that early because I'm a fuggin crackhead. That, and the Hokies kicked off their season at noon. They didn't look too great, but it was good to see 'em play anyway. And in any case, they looked better than Michigan :D

Evan! said:
Actually I was up at 4:30. 5am was mash-in time.

I was up that early because I'm a fuggin crackhead. That, and the Hokies kicked off their season at noon. They didn't look too great, but it was good to see 'em play anyway. And in any case, they looked better than Michigan :D

Being the huge Ohio State fan that I am, I'm still basking in UM's loss to Applachian State.... Appalachian State... bwahahaha

Dude said:
That was so SWEET, wasn't it? I was watching it and praying. :tank:

My little brother goes to app state, and he said that on Saturday night, a bunch of people broke into the stadium, broke down the goalposts, and delivered them to the chancellor's house. ha. Crazy mountain folk. Yes, very sweet indeed. My buddy was over watching the VT game with me...he's a Michigan fan. He was stunned. And glad that Comcast didn't have GamePlan. Just last week he was scheming on getting it so he could watch Mich games all season. :p

ohiobrewtus said:
Being the huge Ohio State fan that I am, I'm still basking in UM's loss to Applachian State.... Appalachian State... bwahahaha

Michigan looked like it got caught with their pants down every time that one really fast mf'er got the ball. :D

cclloyd said:
The hefe should be interesting - I'm using two 3.3 lb bags of Breiss liquid Bavarian wheat extract that are from July of 2000 (that's the date on the obviously dead and useless 3068 yeast tube in the kit) and have been stored in a garage, in Florida, since then. I dunno if they will be any good or not - I am gonna open the bags and inspect the extract by sight and smell prior to starting the steeping grains. I bought fresh yeast and fresh grains for it.
This kit was part of a batch of items I found on Craig's List and I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. The real take in the stuff was 60 flip top Grolsh bottles and a 24" SS slotted stirring spoon.

Here's an update - I cut open the bags of extract prior to starting just to be sure. The extract was black and thick like tar. It smelled like molasses on steroids. That went down the garbage disposal and I went to the LBHS for some fresh wheat extract.

Ok, I'm going to need your guy's help on keeping me accountable on this one. Looks like I have been in the_bird's position since I have not brewed in about 2 months. Work has been crazy and every weekend has had something going on. I need to get back on the horse. I have several brews planned and in the works, a couple with deadlines. I need you guy's to give me a swift kick in the pants and make me start brewing.

Bah, you yankees, I was watching the Auburn game. THat was a sweet game. The app state game was pretty awesome as well, watched the highlight on youtube.

... I'm brewing tommorow (Wednesday) at 10am!!!!!! My simple APA!

Brewsmith said:
Ok, I'm going to need your guy's help on keeping me accountable on this one. Looks like I have been in the_bird's position since I have not brewed in about 2 months. Work has been crazy and every weekend has had something going on. I need to get back on the horse. I have several brews planned and in the works, a couple with deadlines. I need you guy's to give me a swift kick in the pants and make me start brewing.

That's why I started the thread - to give myself the ass-kicking!

But, I got the old man to agree to help me weld up a brew sculpture. He'll help me score the materials, I just need to start thinking through a good design. Good project for the spring.

the_bird said:
That's why I started the thread - to give myself the ass-kicking!

But, I got the old man to agree to help me weld up a brew sculpture. He'll help me score the materials, I just need to start thinking through a good design. Good project for the spring.

Should have posted a thread called, "Who's drafting tonite?"

Back